Jacob Tutterow

Jacob Tutterow, Opinions Editor

Jacob Tutterow, a senior at NCHS, never fails to impress everyone he meets with his wide spectrum of knowledge and humorous wise-guy remarks.

As Opinions Editor of The Chant, Jacob plans to bring his critical mind to the table in order to improve the newspaper program. As a self-motivating character, Jacob challenges himself to rigorous coursework, with a science and math based curriculum. He takes pleasure in intellectual debates and analytical conversations in general.

Jacob’s family consists of 6 siblings; with 4 brothers and 2 sisters, a funny family story always seems present. Some may enjoy sitting back and watching a good movie or binge-watching a Netflix series; Jacob prefers to let his mind roam in physics and mathematical theories.  

He envelops himself in mind-boggling physics studying including theoretical research and quantum mechanics. After reading The Elegant Universe, Jacob’s interest in such material motivates him to pursue a career in academia.

The young intellectual plans to be referred to as Dr. Tutterow while teaching and conducting research at a prestigious university. His passions include allowing his mind to grow and passing on the new discoveries and information to the next generation.

Jacob admires The Chant; the community and close-knit family feel satisfies Jacob’s model of an ideal work environment. Tutterow stands out and impresses all, as his brother, Alex Tutterow, describes: “He’s a very intelligent, brilliant person. I’ve never seen anything like it and it makes him unique. His extreme love for math and science is something you don’t see everyday; it sets him apart from others and I admire it.”

Written by Esteban Alarcon

All content by Jacob Tutterow
	Senior Rachel Maxwell looks in horror upon one of the typical AP style questions in AP Physics 1, dealing with rotational motion. The problem requires students to look at the situation conceptually, and only deal with variables and not numbers. This skill takes practice and shows up on the AP exam quite often.

Is AP Physics right for you?

Jacob Tutterow, Opinions Editor
April 24, 2019
The problem with morality

The problem with morality

Jacob Tutterow, Opinions Editor
April 1, 2019
Socialism-just misunderstood

Socialism-just misunderstood

Jacob Tutterow, Opinions Editor
December 21, 2018
	AP Calculus teacher Deepa Stephen teaches the applications of integral calculus to her class. Stephen, with experience teaching in India, the United Kingdom, and the United States, decided to live in the US and teach for several years. “People are always saying things about the US education and all that, but they very often forget the freedom here. Here its a lot about your identity, and not about what your parents are doing or what opportunities are only available in your country. Its a great thing to live here,” Stephen said.

The state of STEM

Jacob Tutterow, Opinions Editor
December 10, 2018
	Senior Turner Markwalter prepares to present his ASR project. Magnet students spent their junior years collecting data and doing research, culminating in the final ASR presentation during their senior years. “You can tell how much work they put into everything and even though it’s been a year, how well they know their information,” moderator and junior Chike Azuzu said.

[Photo] From ASR to AP Research

Morgan Brown, Ad manager, Public relations manager
February 16, 2018
After weeks of preparation, the construction team hired to tear down NC’s theater finally knocked down the first wall. They will continue destruction of the theater throughout the semester. “Honestly the new theater will just be another waste of funds by the school,” sophomore Griffin Mark said. “I dont see why we have to pay for this now, when it was perfectly functional before.”

[Photo] Breaking ground

January 11, 2017
Trump deserves the codes

Trump deserves the codes

Jacob Tutterow, Reporter
September 12, 2016
Load More Stories