Rebecca Cantrell

Rebecca Cantrell, Reporter

Although new to The Chant, Rebecca Cantrell is a bright addition to the staff as a Magnet Senior student. Cantrell discovered her passion for writing at the age of 7 as she loved expressing her ideas.

When Cantrell turned 14, she discovered journalism as she perceived "a media bias” in the world of news.

Cantrell enjoys writing poetry as well as reading Entertainment and Opinion articles, even if she may disagree with the author’s opinion. Cantrell is most excited about informing NC about events that may occur in the school, as well as locally in Acworth and Kennesaw.

A major goal she has set for herself is to go out in public more often, and she hopes that being a reporter will allow her to find genuine happiness. Cantrell hopes to inform the community with accurate and truthful articles.

When asked about Cantrell, Senior Courtney said, “She is super amazing because of how nice yet witty she is. And she honestly is one of the smartest and hardworking people I know.”
In her future, Cantrell wishes to move to another country after experiencing other cultures on a magnet trip that took her to England, Ireland and France. Her favorite part of the trip was being able to see and explore the different cultures of foreign countries.

As Cantrell finishes her senior year at NC, she hopes to allow her writing to blossom by being on staff while also having a good time writing with the rest of the staff.

Profile written by Philip Wynne

All content by Rebecca Cantrell
Senior Josh Joines fills out his Common App before deadlines, the most “common” site used when filling out college applications.

A guide to getting into college

Rebecca Cantrell, Reporter, Photographer
November 2, 2016
Load More Stories