Big Man on Campus showcases studs

Rising senior Casey Page hosts NC tradition Big Man on Campus and asks the tough questions.

For NC’s Big Man on Campus (BMOC) pageant, young men from each grade level competed for the glorious sash and prestigious Nike lanyard in the NC auditorium on April 24.

“The softball team does a lot of fundraisers and events, but BMOC has to be one of our favorites. Its just so fun to see all the guys having fun and being so involved in the pageant,” head of pageant Coach Weaver said.

Each guy underwent four stages in the competition. The show started as the finely dressed young men strutted across stage, escorted by a softball player. Next, juniors Casey Page and Josi Elder and sophomore Sarah Sutley conducted an interview asking questions about their lives and experiences. Some questions provoked the best presonses such as, “What is your idea of a perfect date?” or “What is the most awkward thing that has ever happened to you?”

After this round, each guy participated in a skit of his choice. The skits ranged from magic tricks to rapping, and each performance showcased their quirky personalities. To end the night, the young men changed into the various casual outfits to receive awards.

“Being apart of the competition is so fun. This is my second year doing it, and each time there is never a dull moment,” senior Daniel Beausejour said.

By the end of the night, each competitor showcased his talent, making it a hard decision for the judges to choose the big man. Senior Noah Cotton won the title as BMOC and senior Evan Matthew’s received 2nd runner up. Junior BMOC went to freshman Jamal Kuku. The best skit went to Evan Matthews, while best physique went to senior Chad McClanahan. Senior Jeremy Bell received best smile, and freshman Isaac Pimenta won best eyes. Softball players and select judges collect and score votes.

“Even though it was kind of crazy, I still had fun. The softball girls will always have fun whether the night goes crazy or perfect. BMOC is something we all look forward to,” sophomore Hannah Ross said.

All contestants and volunteers enjoyed the pageant, and each junior “big man” returning next year plans to participate and plans to win the prestigious title next year.