Angela Canales

Angela Canales, Entertainment Editor

Angela Canales is a senior in the magnet program. She developed a passion for writing by watching her grandfather’s journalistic adventures and endeavors while growing up. She plans to study marine biology in college, and eventually become a researcher at an accredited university or institution. She plans to continue writing in college and hopes to be part of the university’s (that she attends) newspaper staff.

As of now, Angela has focused on fulfilling her passion for journalism. She began writing for The Chant as a junior and has since been promoted to Entertainment Editor as a senior. She enjoys reading and writing articles that deal with fun topics, such as movie reviews and music reviews. She always loves helping others make the best out of their writing, without taking out their own unique style.

Music is the one thing that she could never function without. She enjoys singing and (occasionally) making TikToks. Going to concerts are her favorite thing to do, and believes that going to them always increases confidence and self-esteem. Her favorite concerts that she has been to include Harry Styles and The 1975.

She hopes that this year will be the one that counts out of her entire high school experience, and plans to enjoy her last year with the second family she has made at NC.

All content by Angela Canales
Flaming Hot Cheetos have become one of the most popular options out of vending machines everywhere at NC. They hold a large amount of nutritional value due to their pure organic ingredients. Made from potatoes and seasoned with chili peppers, Hot Cheetos have proven more health benefits than other breakfast options.

Why Hot Cheetos are the best breakfast

Angela Canales, Entertainment Editor
March 31, 2020
Mr. Moody shows off his new haircut inspired by the members of BTS. He recently announced his plans to become an official k-pop star, dedicating his time to practicing complex routines and even learning Korean. “Moody is definitely ready for this,” Coach Auld said.

Mr. Moody’s big break in K-Pop

Angela Canales, Entertainment Editor
March 31, 2020
Social distancing for weeks suffocates and isolates a large portion of people. However, it gives them time to start new hobbies, learn new things, and catch up on activities you could not catch up on before. Take advantage of this self-quarantine to focus on yourself.

4 fun things to do during self-quarantine

Angela Canales, Entertainment Editor
March 20, 2020
K-Pop has become a global phenomenon in the last few years, embracing the fusion between upbeat music and the South Korean language and culture. The 1990s gave the world K-Pop artists like Seo Taiji and Boys and H.O.T, while the current landscape of the genre gives the world popular music groups like BTS and BlackPink.

The history of K-pop

Angela Canales, Entertainment Editor
March 5, 2020
Dual enrollment gives high school students the chance to begin working towards their college degrees by taking courses at local universities for credit hours. As more students enroll in these courses, the state of Georgia has decided to cut down on the number of credit hours students can receive in order to remain within their budget for this program.

House Bill 444 cuts down on Dual Enrollment

Angela Canales, Entertainment Editor
February 6, 2020
The Ivy League isn’t for everyone

The Ivy League isn’t for everyone

Angela Canales, Entertainment Editor
January 29, 2020
Harry Styles’ highly anticipated album, Fine Line, released Friday, December 13. With a total of 12 songs, Styles provided his fans with a mix of indie, pop, and alternative tracks. “To Be So Lonely,” “Cherry” and “Falling” exposed Styles’ vulnerability, and “Treat People With Kindness” left listeners wanting to dance along. The album lived up to fan expectations and even exceeded them.

Fine Line: Styles comes back with a bang

Angela Canales, Entertainment Editor
December 18, 2019
For decades, statistics have shown that Latino students tend to fall behind in U.S. educational endeavors compared to their white and Asian counterparts. Different factors lead to this: lack of parent involvement, motivation, and socioeconomic barriers. Despite these circumstances that several Latino students face, recent years have showcased a rise in high school graduation rates and postsecondary education enrollment for the group.

Latinos: On the journey to a better education

Angela Canales, Entertainment Editor
December 16, 2019
Korean beauty products have dominated the skincare shelves everywhere in recent years. South Korea’s booming skincare market continues to grow as facemasks, serums and even snail slime face essence become increasingly desired items all over the world in order for those who want to achieve soft, healthy skin. Everywhere from Amazon to your local Ulta sells these products.

K-Beauty products for skincare junkies

Angela Canales, Entertainment Editor
November 19, 2019
jason

[Photo] Jason Cobos

September 4, 2019
Several students at North Cobb openly voice their opinions about the controversy toward gun restrictions in the country on social media, and in person. With several students having attended protests such as the March for Our Lives protest in Atlanta in 2018, they demonstrate a shift in how political and social justice concerns could change when left in the hands of young adults.

Teens rise up for the cause against guns

Angela Canales, Reporter, Photographer
May 14, 2019
Carrying the ceremony in its entirety, seniors with Tara Anastasoff and Jared Nolen lead the induction ceremony to the National Honors Society as co-presidents. Advisers Nena Tippens and Jennifer Johnson helped the ceremony run smoothly, leaving junior inductees and graduating senior members satisfied with the welcomes and goodbyes.

NHS: Farewell seniors; hello juniors!

Angela Canales, Reporter, Photographer
May 3, 2019
Legacy students, legal bribery?

Legacy students, legal bribery?

Angela Canales, Reporter, Photgorapher
April 11, 2019
NC plans to commence construction this summer and finish before the 2019-2020 school year begins. With new hand sanitizer dispensers that will rid the buildings of large amounts of paper towel supply, the school will save thousands on water expenses and paper towel orders, leaving more money to fund other projects at NC, like football.

NC goes green…ish

Angela Canales, Reporter, Photographer
April 1, 2019
Prather hopes to continue feeding his immense passion for baseball, sharing that he discovered his adoration for it in his childhood. “I wanted to play other sports when I was a kid, but once I got really focused on baseball, I just wanted to keep on playing baseball and I knew that it was what I wanted to do with my life,” Prather said.

From NC Warrior to Sewanee Tiger

Angela Canales, Reporter, Photographer
March 13, 2019
Pfeiler has always dreamt of returning to Europe, and the University of Groningen in the Netherlands gives him the chance to fulfill his desires of returning to experience college-life the Dutch way. Saying farewell to American student life in May, Pfeiler hopes to meet new people and adapt to the brand new lifestyle he will experience.

Cedric Pfeiler: Netherlands Bound

Angela Canales, Reporter, Photographer
March 6, 2019
Juniors Trisha Nguyen and Baldwin Ndogo flaunt casual street-wear to NC, clearly updated on the the latest trends. Nguyen wears ripped boyfriend-style jeans with a simple, yet cute, long sleeve polo. Ndogo shows off a 90s-inspired fit with a vintage Ralph Lauren polo and a green-colored windbreaker.

NC, in style

Angela Canales, Reporter, Photographer
February 5, 2019
Ashu plans on demonstrating the potential of smaller characters and their abilities in his game pitches. Including Marvel characters such as the X-Men, Silver Surfer, and Wolverine in his pitches, Ebot-Tabi hopes to show Marvel story advisors that they can make these characters significant factors in their video games.

Super ideas for Marvel

Angela Canales, Reporter
January 24, 2019
Anticipation builds up as the timer counts down to the start of Tomahawk Today. The tech crew adjusts audio, lighting, and transition effects to present the show in its best format. They control the attention-grabbing intro to the show, along with the music.

Tuning in to Tomahawk Today

Angela Canales, Reporter
September 14, 2018
Load More Stories