Who will attend Homecoming dance 2k14?

Sophia Mapua, Reporter

On Saturday, October 11th, students from each grade level will congregate in NC’s gymnasium for the annual Homecoming Dance. Although upbeat pop music and bright lights will unify them, some grade levels will participate in a higher attendance rate than others.

According to the survey, the vast majority of Homecoming Dance attendees will consist of freshmen, while the least amount of attendees will comprise juniors.

“A lot of freshman will go because they see it as an opportunity to get involved with the high school community,” said freshman Audrey Allen.

Capture

Furthermore, approximately less than half of the sophomores surveyed said they planned on making an appearance.

Sophomore Kesha Perkins, who plans to attend the upcoming event, explained that “it depends on how many people went last year. Some sophomores might go, but freshmen are definitely the ones that are going.”

Additionally, the survey indicates that less than a quarter of juniors surveyed will show up to the dance. Surprisingly, however, a solid thirty-eight percent of the fifty seniors surveyed planned on attending.

“Some seniors will probably go because it’s their last year. They want to live up the full experience,” said senior Karina Vargas. “I know a lot of people who haven’t gone to Homecoming in their four years, so they’ll want to go for the first time.”

Junior Christina Vivona, however, disagreed. “I feel that going to school dances is a waste of my time because there’s just not enough to do. Going doesn’t justify me dressing up; they aren’t enjoyable.”