Pep rally hypes up Warriors for annual Civil War Classic

The+Homecoming+Pep+Rally+took+place+on+Friday+October+5+towards+the+end+of+the+day.+Students+from+all+four+grade+levels+rallied+up+in+the+arena+and+screamed+at+the+top+of+their+lungs+to+show+off+school+spirit.+The+band+played+while+the+cheerleaders+cheered+to+keep+the+crowd+entertained.+Towards+the+end+the+Pep+Rally%2C+Tribal+Connections+hosted+a+dance+off+and+the+crowd+went+wild.+

The Homecoming Pep Rally took place on Friday October 5 towards the end of the day. Students from all four grade levels rallied up in the arena and screamed at the top of their lungs to show off school spirit. The band played while the cheerleaders cheered to keep the crowd entertained. Towards the end the Pep Rally, Tribal Connections hosted a dance off and the crowd went wild.

Naoshin Kaiser

Naoshin Kaiser

Naoshin Kaiser

Julyana Ayache, Reporter/Photographer

NC students gathered in the new Arena to celebrate the final day of the Homecoming week at the Pep Rally on Friday, October 5th. Students ended the day by showing off their Warrior Spirit to prepare for the Homecoming Football game that Friday night against Kennesaw Mountain. NC Marching Band played their catchy songs as freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors took to their seats in the freshly painted bleachers. To launch the event, the football players ran into the center as they huddled, chanted, and encouraged the crowd to follow along.

“Organizing the pep rally was really stressful, but in the end it was worth it because everyone had fun,” sophomore and pep rally coordinator Alainna Toombs said.

As the students eagerly waited the pep rally to begin, TC announced this year’s royalty. For the freshman class, Nashaly Ochoa, Jayda Travis, and Alex Acosta received the crowns; for the sophomore class, Alainna Toombs, Chrishay March, Cobe Singleton, and Landon Barrett had the honor, and for the junior class, Baldwin Ndogo, Josh Dixon, Trinity Wilkinson, and Jessica Robles took a throne on the Homecoming Court. Finally, for the senior class, Madeline Toombs, Azaria Fells, Lexie Williamson, Christian Singleton, Chike Asuzu, Nick Crafton, and Jacob Robinson received the royal titles. Christen Singleton and Sasha Wolfenbarger won Senior Homecoming King and Queen and embraced every moment of NC’s traditions.

“The experience of being this year’s sophomore homecoming prince was exhilarating, and it’s an experience that I deeply cherished,” sophomore Landon Barrett said.

Students ended the pep rally with a dance competition from a student of each grade level to raise the energy of the crowd. Each grade level cheered and shouted for their dancer, leading into the traditional competition for the spirit stick, where each grade competed for the title of the loudest and most spirited class. Each grade of students received their chance to shout and cheer to represent their pride, and presenters granted the seniors as the winners of the spirit stick.

“The spirit between all the grade levels and the way the school bonds over their Warrior pride when homecoming comes around is one of my favorite experiences. Homecoming is definitely worth the hype,” sophomore Leigh Smith said.

Many students attended the Homecoming football game against their biggest rivals, the Kennesaw Mountain Mustangs on Friday night, and the week’s festivities ended with the Homecoming Dance on Saturday, October 7th.

With Hollywood as this year’s homecoming theme, students finished the celebratory week with an unforgettable, show stopping night.

Julyana Ayache, Reporter/Photographer

Julyana Ayache begins her journey at The Chant in hopes of being introduced to the world of journalism. She aspires to be a news reporter and travel someday,...

Naoshin Kaiser, Photgrapher

Naoshin Kaiser is a short girl but sure has some attitude; her style is fun and chill yet chic. She has the eye for the art of makeup and photography....