Green eggs and ham or Green Grinch pancakes shazam?

Grinchy green pancakes flooded with sweetened cream cheese sauce and topped with a swirl of whipped cream bring an ache to many a sweettooth among us, but get them while they're hot because they're gone at the end of the year.

MC Toth

MC Toth

MC Toth

MC Toth, Reporter, Photographer

To engage in the Christmas spirit, IHOP currently sells Grinch’s Green Pancakes, Minty Who Hot Chocolate, and Whoville Cheesecake French Toast on their holiday menu. The classic Grinch who stole Christmas now can steal people’s favorite breakfast spot with these celebratory featured items.

“The holidays are such a special time for families and creating a delicious menu that reflects the fun and whimsy of Whoville in Dr. Seuss’ beloved story about the Grinch is the perfect way for us at IHOP to celebrate the season,” IHOP vice president of marketing Alisa Gmelich said.

Around Christmas, grandma breaks out her secret recipes, and the holiday-season weight catches up to people’s favorite pair of jeans. Rather than wasting calories on an artificial sugar rush, save room for grandma’s sweet indulgences. The Grinch’s Green Pancakes order includes two green buttermilk pancakes topped with sweet cream cheese icing, red candy hearts, and whipped cream topping. What sounds like a mouth full of heaven, tasted like raw sugar packets.

The over-sweetened flapjacks disappointed hyped-up expectations. The green-dyed pancakes captured their classic buttermilk flavor, but the sweet cream cheese icing overwhelmed the taste buds inducing hyperglycemia. When served, the pancakes came stacked upon one another, with the icing poured over top. To avoid the icing inhibiting the buttermilk deliciousness, take the bottom pancake out from under the drenched stack and dip it into the icing.

Adults’ distaste for artificial food coloring and sweeteners leaves them disappointed with the Grinch’s green pancakes, but for candy-crazed kids, these featured menu items pull all the rage. Available now through December 31, families can try the holiday pancakes between 4 p.m. and 10 p.m.. Kids also eat for free with the purchase of an adult entree.

IHOP’s holiday promotion ties in with Illumination and Universal Pictures’ new Dr. Seuss’ The Grinch released in theaters on November 9. The contemporary animated film produces the third screen variation of the 1957 Dr. Seuss book “How the Grinch Stole Christmas!,” after the original 1966 television special and the 2000 live-action feature-length film.

Dr. Seuss’s “The Grinch,” reminds families of Christmas’s true meaning— to spread kindness and love. Before the holiday season ends, celebrate Christmas cheer without wasting time and money on the overhyped Grinch Green pancakes.

The Chant’s Grade: C-

MC Toth, Photographer/Reporter

Currently a North Cobb senior, MC Toth joined The Chant just this year. With writing passion & hopes to pursue journalism, MC works as a reporter on...