Read this: “Top Secret Personal Beeswax”

As+McCall+Primary+and+Kennesaw+Elementary+attendees+walked+out+of+the+theater%2C+the+cast+of+Junie+B.+Jones+said+their+goodbyes+with+high+fives+and+warm+smiles.+Meeting+their+favorite+characters+from+the+show+ended+their+field+trip+with+a+bang.+

As McCall Primary and Kennesaw Elementary attendees walked out of the theater, the cast of Junie B. Jones said their goodbyes with high fives and warm smiles. Meeting their favorite characters from the show ended their field trip with a bang.

Rachel Maxwell

Rachel Maxwell

Rachel Maxwell

Nati Duron and Rachel Maxwell

Published from 1992 to 2013, the well-read and widely enjoyed book series Junie B. Jones, made a comeback in Kennesaw when Kennesaw Elementary and McCall Primary students attended a personalized showing at NC on Friday, January 25. For months, the theater program rehearsed the show in hopes of impressing the kids with the perfect performance. The children laughed at silly remarks, applauded the singers, and dropped their jaws at the stunts.

“I know my class loved it! They were on the edge of their seats clapping and laughing the whole time. I thought the choreography and tumbling tricks were awesome,” McCall Primary teacher Helena Lofton said.

Senior Isabella Keaton took on the lead role of Junie. B. Jones, and as the young audience watched her struggle through the first grade, they could all relate. Wearing two braided pigtails and signature Junie B. purple glasses, Keaton danced and sang, putting on the show of a lifetime. Never dropping her “Top Secret Personal Beeswax” journal, Jones wrote about every adventure that came her way. From losing her best friend and hating the first grade, to finding new friends and loving school, she never lost her bubbly personality, teaching the young audience to do the same.

Rachel Maxwell
Senior Isabella Keaton performs with the rest of the cast, waving and smiling at the children. The choreography of the musical consisted of contagious, upbeat dance moves. Keaton, the center of attention for most of the songs, perfected the job of captivating the audience as the famous first grader Junie B. documents her year-long journal-writing adventure.

“My favorite character was Junie B. Jones because I loved her outfit and she was funny. I also loved when one of the boys did a flip across the stage. I want to come back and see this show every day,” first grader at McCall Primary Jordan Redman said.

Nati Duron
The cast of Junie B. Jones all stood together at the end of the musical to celebrate everyone’s inaugural performance. Theater teacher Candice Corcoran walked out to greet the kids and saw their happy reactions to all their favorite characters appearing live and on stage.

Audiences from the Friday night and Saturday shows enjoyed the youthful demeanor of the musical. In love with the interaction of the young crowd, Standing Ovation plans to bring the kids back to watch another musical in the future.

Nati Duron, Videographer/reporter

Nati Duron, a senior at NC, is a videographer and reporter for The Chant, likes to write about saving dogs from Petland and make videos about conspiracies....

Rachel Maxwell, Social Media Manager

Rachel Maxwell, Social media manager to The Chant, is a senior at NC. Her love for writing and photography drew her to the newspaper staff, but after 3...

1 Comment

One Response to “Read this: “Top Secret Personal Beeswax””

1. Chloe Vernex-Loset on February 4th, 2019 2:27 PM

Y’all were supposed to send me the pictures you took of the cast during and after the show, can you please do that? I need them for the end of the year slide show. It means a lot to us; thank you

• Read this: “Top Secret Personal Beeswax”

Senior night for girls Varsity lacrosse

Heading to the playoffs

Warriors take on rival Mustangs in three-game series

Egg-tastic holiday fun

Exploring SAT/ACT study method options

Living up to the name

Free Spirit gains spirit from fans worldwide

Around the world in nine months

Shazam! review: Latest DC movie electrifies superhero genre

Artsy Acworth Art Fest