Senior night for girls Varsity lacrosse

With+six+yellow+cards%2C+NC+gave+it+their+all+and+played+rough%2C+which+paid+off+in+the+end+with+a+win.+%E2%80%9CIt+was+a+really+difficult+game%2C+but+everyone%E2%80%94especially+defense%E2%80%94played+extremely+hard.+There+were+a+lot+of+emotions+after+the+game+watching+the+seniors+being+escorted+down+the+field%3B+it+made+the+night+much+better%2C%E2%80%9D+sophomore+Alyssa+Curto+said.+

Senior night for girls Varsity lacrosse

With six yellow cards, NC gave it their all and played rough, which paid off in the end with a win. “It was a really difficult game, but everyone—especially defense—played extremely hard. There were a lot of emotions after the game watching the seniors being escorted down the field; it made the night much better,” sophomore Alyssa Curto said.

Elyssa Abbott

Elyssa Abbott

Elyssa Abbott

Elyssa Abbott, Reporter, Photographer

As the NC girls’ Varsity lacrosse season nears its end with just three games left, the seniors on the team prepare to play their final high school game. Celebrating the seniors with a win against the Wheeler Wildcats at 6 p.m. on April 17. NC dominated Wheeler with a score of 19-8.

The Warriors started the game losing 1-4, but soon came back strong and scored six goals in ten minutes during the second quarter. Girls on both teams played rough and earned six yellow cards throughout the game, and at one point lost three players due to this.

“Starting the game behind by three goals was tough, but we played hard and were able to come back from that. It was a special win for everyone, especially the seniors since it was senior night,” sophomore Kacy Handzel said.

Nearly every single senior on the NC girls Varsity lacrosse team scored a goal at the senior night game. Coaches and players look back on the game and praise the phenomenal defense and the numerous saves the goalie performed. In the last seconds of the game, senior Mahogani West scored a goal as the buzzer rang with an assist by sophomore Kacy Handzel, finishing with a final score of 19-8.

“I am very proud of my team and everything we accomplished at the game and all season. All the goals I score during the game are for them and because of them. They have made me the player I am today, and I am forever thankful for them and my coaches,” West said.

As the seniors wrap up their high school lacrosse career, they leave behind an irreplaceable bond and memories with the team.