Hannah Luck

Hannah Luck, Archives Editor

Junior and Archives editor, Hannah Luck joined the newspaper sophomore year to explore her love and talent for writing. Prior to writing, growing up she always loved to perform sharing her talent of singing through musical theatre in plays such as Cinderella where she starred as the Fairy Godmother, chorus as well as dance and orchestra. Nowadays she shifts her focus onto art and writing, taking classes at the Marietta Museum of Art, art club and writing songs in her spare time. On any given day you can find her jamming out to her 70s and 80s music listening to her favorite artists from ABBA to Alicia Keys and laughing hysterically at her favorite classic comedic shows like Seinfeld, and Parks and Recreation. Hannah has lived in five states with Georgia being her favorite. She hopes to be a great editor helping out the newbies and plans to continue the newspaper until senior year.

All content by Hannah Luck
	As the world continues to cope with surging cases and work towards a general herd immunity, covid conspiracy theorists continue to oppose those in power claiming the vaccine and CDC guidelines fail to prevent the spread. Some go as far as claiming the virus does not exist, calling it a political scheme founded upon control. Overall, these claims remain prominent providing an alternative to common knowledge, giving the world an invalid yet interesting point of view.

Addressing COVID-19 conspiracies

Hannah Luck, Archives Editor
April 27, 2021
Courtesy of CNBC
From social distancing to mask-wearing, Black Friday looked to entail a bizarre version of the busiest shopping day of the year. As online shopping dominates the market this year with staggering numbers, violent brawls remain a memory keeping customers both safe and healthy. The question now–what will 2021 mean for Black Friday? And how will the economy recover amidst a deadly pandemic?

Black Friday 2020 vs the 2000s

Hannah Luck, Archives Editor
December 9, 2020
Hannah Luck

[Photo] Hannah Luck

August 15, 2019
Songs depicting the last 20 years

Songs depicting the last 20 years

Hannah Luck, Archives Editor
October 27, 2020
Sophomores Jenna Saaskilati and Jaden Coleman, take on the challenge of their first Honors Chemistry lab by plating pennies, turning them from a copper brown to a bright silver and gold. By carefully following specific procedures they learn about chemical reactions and changes. “We are learning about chemical changes in this lab,” Coleman said.

Plating pennies

Hannah Luck, Staff
January 30, 2020
ROTC students junior Amanda Bratton and sophomore Anita Prather take on the task of shining shoes for ROTC’s upcoming annual Military special. All participating ROTC students take in the sweltering heat shining the shoes with pride and fulfillment.

ROTC Military special

Hannah Luck, Staff
October 3, 2019
This art piece focuses on the popular artists and bands in the 70s in comparison to the 21st century, the early 2000s mainly. The 70s-primarily disco, spoke to the generation with popular artists such as The Bee Gees singing the hit “Stayin Alive,” Gloria Gaynor singing “I Will Survive”, Abba with their hit “Dancing Queen” and a plethora of others. These artists emulated the disco lifestyle. In addition to disco, Classic rock and pop groups like The Doobie Brothers, Queen with the classic “Bohemian Rhapsody”, Toto with popular songs “Hold the Line” and “Africa”, and other groups became the voices of the generation. Just as the 21st century, especially the early 2000s, relied on mainstream pop, R&B, and hip hop.  Artists like Alicia Keys singing “If I Aint Got You,” Kelly Clarkson winning the inaugural season of American Idol with hits like “What Doesnt Kill You Makes You Stronger”, Adele singing “Someone Like You” and others fed into the mainstream ruled generation.

Musical review: the 70s

Hannah Luck, Staff
September 10, 2019
Thursday, September 5, Art Club begins after school in room 3002. The art teacher Ms. Susan Dowling runs the club every Thursday from 3:30 to 4:45 after school. The club invites NC artists to create art using different mediums.

Art club begins

Hannah Luck, Staff
September 5, 2019
Honors Chemistry students take on the task of plating pennies as their first lab of the school year. This means turning shiny copper pennies into silver and gold pennies. Holding their Bunsen Burner securely, they light their burner ready to take on the task.

Plating Pennies

Hannah Luck, Staff
August 22, 2019
Load More Stories