Vanderbilt Bound Chandler Quaile becomes a Soundcloud rapper

After+turning+down+first+an+acceptance+to+Harvard+then+a+scholarship+from+Vanderbilt+University+to+pursue+his+dream+of+becoming+a+Soundcloud+rapper%2C+Magnet+senior+Chandler+Quaile+chose+to+correlate+his+look+with+his+profession.+Usually+seen+wearing+a+baseball+cap+turned+to+the+side%2C+a+gold+chain+and+multiple+tattoos%2C+%E2%80%9CLil+Quaile%E2%80%9D+fits+the+stereotypical+image+of+a+rapper.+%E2%80%9CThe+next+thing+I%E2%80%99m+going+to+do+is+invest+in+some+gold+teeth%2C%E2%80%9D+said+Quaile.+

After turning down first an acceptance to Harvard then a scholarship from Vanderbilt University to pursue his dream of becoming a Soundcloud rapper, Magnet senior Chandler Quaile chose to correlate his look with his profession. Usually seen wearing a baseball cap turned to the side, a gold chain and multiple tattoos, “Lil Quaile” fits the stereotypical image of a rapper. “The next thing I’m going to do is invest in some gold teeth,” said Quaile.

Peyton Stack, Staff

As the class of 2020’s senior year comes to an end, college and future plans appear in the rearview mirror. For Magnet senior Chandler Quaile, the college options seemed bright, with acceptance at both Harvard University and Vanderbilt University. Despite this, Quaile announced via Instagram, under the username “shmoneyboy20”, that he will pursue his dream of becoming a Soundcloud rapper. Quaile’s decision left fellow students and teachers stunned with his decision. 

“I think Chandler’s music career is going somewhere, to be honest. His new stuff is a complete bop. I would like to see him make a song about biology,” Magnet Biology teacher Grant Mcdurmon said.

At the start of the 2019-2020 school year, Quaile released his debut single titled “CEO of Tik Tok” that featured several lines about the app’s most famous stars. Only garnering 75 plays on the Soundcloud platform, Quaile believed in his creation and created his rapper name, “Lil Quaile”, tattooed on his face. Over the course of the next four months, Quaile continued to write and produce music, announcing a national tour across the United States. He plans to release his newest single next week titled, “Quarantine and Chill”, which heavily details his daily routine during the COVID-19 outbreak. 

“I think I’m the best rapper in the world right now. My music changes lives and no one else can relate. I have Post Malone and Dababy on speed dial, just waiting to be featured on my next song,”

Quaile said. 

With such brash decisions being made by Quaile, teachers and the student body have taken great concern in Quaile’s future. A recent campaign made by the Magnet program, called “Will the real Chandler Quaile please stand up”, features messages from students, teachers, counselors and college advisors asking Quaile to rethink his decision. Most people would rather choose to attend Vanderbilt over a rap career, but Quaile seems set in stone to achieve his goals. 

“I don’t know why people are so surprised at my decision. I mean, I’ve been trappin’ since the 5th grade. They don’t know where I come from or where I’m going, and that’s on Mrs. Theaker’s book collection,” Quaile said.

Quaile only collected 1,000 plays on the Soundcloud platform, with over 50 songs. None of Quaile’s songs have appeared on major streaming services such as Apple Music and Spotify. Until Quaile reaches a point at which his music earns revenue, Quaile must find another option of income. 

“Chandler had such a strong four years here at NC, and to see it go to waste is really disheartening. I will still bump his tunes on the way to NC though”, NC Magnet Coordinator James Auld said. 

As a new decade begins, Chandler Quaile could become the next big thing in the rap industry. 

April Fool’s, you fool!

XOXO,