NC embraces the Warrior Nation Cave

Amber Roldan

NC’s Tik Tok House: The Warrior Nation Cave racks up a following of 135.3M people after its first month on the app. The house continues to explore the possibilities of the Tik Tok realm as members embrace their second month as a Tik Tok content creator house participant. “This past month has been so eventful and rewarding, I have met so many friends through the Warrior Nation Cave,” WNC senior Addie Ray said.

Amber Roldan, Features Editor

In modern society, teenagers can quickly find themselves in the spotlight, rising to fame with minimal effort and output. One common denominator exists when considering teenage fame: Tik Tok. Released in 2016, the video-based social media platform rapidly gained popularity. By the end of 2019, Tik Tok elites began to emerge. These famous Tik Tok personalities tended to join forces with other powerful influencers to form “houses”. These houses formed with the idea of forging bonds and promoting content creation. 

The Hype House’s debut in December of 2019 constituted the first notable Tik Tok house. The Hype House created a home and family for numerous Tik Tokers including Charli D’Amelio and Chase Hudson. After seeing the copious amounts of success from the Tik Tok houses, NC principal, Matthew Moody knew NC’s future depended on quickly forming a Tik Tok content creator house. The Warrior Nation Cave (WNC) emerged as a result of Moody’s ambition. With 20 enrolled teens, the WNC continues to break Tik Tok records.

“Times are changing at NC and a lot of that is because of social media. Instead of ignoring imminent change, I decided to embrace it by approving the advent of the Warrior Nation Cave. I think this newest addition to NC’s culture and identity will reap unlimited benefits,” Moody said.

The WNC abides as a home to 20 of NC’s most talented students. Emphasizing and encouraging diversity remained important to Moody when recruiting creators. In order to ensure these ideals, Moody hosted a month-long audition process beginning on January 8th. The audition process consisted of four steps: a written application, a self-tape interest video, a face-to-face performance, and finally an interview. This meticulous process allowed Moody to accomplish his goal of fostering diversity.

Tik Tok’s newest content creating house, the WNC boasts all different types of creators who exude unlimited talent. From dancers and singers to chefs and make-up artists, the WNC features it all. Opening its doors on March 1st, the WNC welcomed five NC students from each grade level. In order to preserve their room and prestigious spot at the WNC, members must maintain a 3.5 GPA and a following base of 35k while simultaneously posting three daily Tik Toks.

“I am so proud to be a part of the Warrior Nation Cave, being a member has already exponentially increased my social media following and persona. Joining the WNC is the best decision I have ever made, I can’t wait to see what the future holds for this house,” WNC sophomore Charles Hudson said.

All WNC members attend virtual classes in the first, second, and third blocks. During fourth period WNC members receive an hour and a half devoted to collectively creating content for the shared Tik Tok account: @TheWarriorNationCave. This time dedicated towards creating joint content strengthens bonds between members, allowing the WNC to fulfill its overarching goal of inspiring excellence.

April Fool’s, you fool!

XOXO,