Top five spring break destinations

The+countdown+for+spring+break+comes+closer+and+closer+as+students+still+decide+what+they+should+do+with+their+long-awaited+time+off.+Will+they+head+to+a+beach+party+or+spend+a+relaxing+night+in+the+mountains%3F+Whatever+they+decide%2C+students+know+the+break+will+serve+as+a+time+for+fun+and+new+memories.+

Jacey Cuffie

The countdown for spring break comes closer and closer as students still decide what they should do with their long-awaited time off. Will they head to a beach party or spend a relaxing night in the mountains? Whatever they decide, students know the break will serve as a time for fun and new memories.

Jacey Cuffie, Reporter

With spring break right around the corner, students still decide what they should do for their long-awaited week off. While several teens will take the week to catch up on sleeping, others want to plan a fun vacation with their friends and family. 

The first destination begins in the heart of Atlanta known as CityPass Atlanta. The CityPass Atlanta provides a voucher with six different Atlanta tourist attractions ranging from art museums to T.V. studio tours. The four attractions include Georgia Aquarium; World of Coca-Cola, Inside CNN studio tour, and Zoo Atlanta. Visitors also gain admission to two of the following attractions: Fernbank Museum of Natural History, Chick-fil-A College Football Hall of Fame and the National Center for Civil and Human Rights. CityPass Atlanta allows guests to experience fun attractions at a reasonable price. Adult (ages 13+) tickets cost $86.00 and children (ages 3-12) cost $68.00. Guests save about $66.84 through CityPass. Use the following link to buy tickets. 

“I was very pleased with the affordability of the city pass in Atlanta. It made seeing all the sights affordable for my family. It was easy to use and the best deal out there. I would recommend it to anyone visiting a city and want to see the main attractions,” CityPass customer Lynny T. said

Location number two heads to Florida. Known for its extravagant tours, Miami offers a speedboat sightseeing attraction, Key West day trip, Sunset boat cruise and a Biscayne Bay Jet Ski Tour. Due to recent events, Miami currently uses a curfew system to ensure the safety of all travelers. 

“The curfew goes into effect at 12:01 a.m. Thursday and lasts until 6 a.m. Monday. It covers 23rd Street to the north, down to South Pointe Drive to the south, the ocean to the east and the bay to the west. Officials intend to impose the same curfew for the following weekend.” South Florida News said

Number three advances to the great smoky mountains of Gatlinburg, Tennessee. Cozy cabins in the mountains allow guests to make the fullest of their relaxation week. For students that enjoy more of a woodsy scene, Gatlinburg makes the perfect destination. Cabin owners rent out their cabins for a cheaper price during spring break to fit the budgets of students. Shopping malls and amusement parks, such as Dollywood owned by Dolly Parton, also provide guests with a fun time. 

Number four heads back to the golden coast of Florida at Panama City Beach. Warm ocean water and sugar-white sand make a flawless place for a beach vacation. PCB provides visitors with the opportunity for parasailing, swimming with dolphins, dining cruises and more. Despite the population of only 15,000, PCB attracts over four million visitors each year, including teenagers for their spring break. PierP ark attracts visitors for premier shopping and entertainment. The stores at Pier Park include wardrobe, home decor and gift shops. Restaurants in Pier Park range from Starbucks, Great White Pizza, Red Robin and more. Lastly, Pier Park contains entertainment centers such as Emerald Coast Mirror Maze & Laser Craze and The Grand Theater

“I went to Panama City Beach over the summer break for my birthday. I brought my best friend and we stayed in a cute little beach house for a week. We spent most of the days at the beach and sometimes went shopping. My favorite thing was go-karting and slingshot. I would definitely recommend going for spring break because there is a lot to do there,” sophomore Caylin Dyal said. 

Last but certainly not least, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.  The boathouse waterway bar and grill remain a local place that attracts visitors. Also known as the backyard town, the gathering spot hosts concerts, karaoke and BBQ. Hotels on the beach make traveling to see the ocean easier and faster. Trip Advisor gives users adorable deals for booking hotels.  Loads of shopping centers bring forth the opportunity to buy gifts for themselves or their family back at home. 

All of these locations offer something that will attract teens with all different personalities. Gatlinburg serves more of the campy type, while Miami brings the party animal out of everyone. Nothing brings a group of friends closer than a spring break vacation.