Varsity swimmer and accomplished cellist junior Lauren D’Olympio heads to Georgia Tech for State

Junior Lauren D’Olympio said,“I always love to stay active and do multiple things rather than just sit around. I’m always on my feet.”

Nabila Pranto

Nabila Pranto, Photographer

Varsity swimmer junior Lauren D’Olympio has advanced to the state finals, where she hopes to garner more accolades for NC.

“I’m really happy and so excited because I have been trying to go to state since freshman year, so it’s such a big accomplishment because I’ve put a lot of work into it,” D’Olympio said.

A swimmer since the age of five years old, Lauren officially began team swimming as a member of the Legacy Park Sharks. Despite her achievement, Lauren still faces challenges in swimming, such as strokes she’s not particularly comfortable with. Balancing school and swimming proves difficult, as practices last from 7 to 10 PM. Despite this, she seems able to manage both and keep her grades up.

“The coaches push us really hard, which is a great thing, but sometimes it gets really tiring going there every night,” D’Olympio said.

Outside of school, Lauren enjoys playing tennis. She participates in Beta Club, Link Crew, and serves in Chamber Orchestra as a cellist.

“Lauren is the type of person whose positive and fun personality lifts you up,” said Physics teacher and Beta Club leader Ms.Goodwin.

After high school, Lauren wants to pursue a career in law, as she loves arguing different points: “If anyone knows how to argue and get their point across, it’s Lauren,” senior Colby Robinson said.

Lauren will represent the Warriors at State on February 6 at Georgia Tech.