New senior class officers plan to serve NC population

Judy Stubblefield

NC senior class officers hope to make positive changes and reflect student values during the 2014-2015 school year.

As the 2013-2014 school year closes at NC, four seniors received votes to serve as the upcoming senior class officers and plan next year’s vivid itinerary.

“We are going to increase students’ school spirit, and we’re going to put more influence on the importance of academic quality,” senior class president Mahagony Williams said.

Along with Williams, Vice President Akilah Alwan, Secretary Elise Richardson, and Treasurer Ashona Husband currently plan for 2014-2015’s homecoming, sports, prom, graduation, and other NC events. Officers made a mutual agreement to increase student involvement, school spirit, and organization while also placing emphasis on scholastic excellence.

“My duty is to relay to people what Mahagony is trying to say and stay organized just as she does. We both work together as one functioning body, but my main concern is being the event planner,” Alwan said.

According to Williams, the Tribal Connection team will reveal revolutionary technology for Warrior Nation; however, the specifics remain under wraps.

“I am really good at organization and writing good outlines. This year, we are all about organization and improvement. We were already great, but now we’ll be greater,” Richardson said.

In light of their high school leadership responsibilities, seniors desire a career that involves management and guidance. While Williams and Richardson both long for degrees in law, Alwan desires a career in art advertisement and event planning. Husband envisions herself as a psychiatrist. Their positions on the student government association will enhance their authoritative abilities.

“It helps you establish leadership and gives you a voice in all aspects,” Husband said.

These four rising seniors await next school year, hoping to brighten the atmosphere and intrigue more students.