NCHS grad remembered for fiery spirit and musical passion [obituary]

Valacia Cheryse Aniotiette Gaynor, age 19, departed this earth on Monday, April 27, 2015, while attending Iowa State University, in Ames Iowa, where Valacia was a sophomore student in music education, flute performance and fashion design. She was one of Iowa State’s Scholar Students and enjoyed participating in extracurricular bands and dance troupes.

In 2013, she graduated from North Cobb High School with honors, having participated in wind symphony, marching band and drama club.  Valacia will be greatly missed by her classmates, friends and instructors.  Her family will forever long for her sweet, gentle, yet fiery spirit and her laugh, her love, and her brilliant talents.

To cherish her memory, she leaves her mother, Cheryse (Chalk-Gaynor) Meadows; her father, G. Russell Gaynor; her brothers, Christopher A. Chalk, Leonard H. Chalk and Joshua A. Chalk; her sister-in-law, Jennifer D. Chalk; and her grandparents, Leonard H. Sr. and Laura A. Chalk, John D. and Anna C. Hutson and Samual and Georgia Gaynor. Valacia shared her childhood with many family including cousins, uncles and aunts.

A memorial service for Valacia is planned for 2:00 p.m. Friday, May 1 at The Red Top Mountain State Park, 50 Lodge Rd SE, Pavilion #7, Cartersville, GA 30121. All those who knew and loved Valacia are welcome and invited to attend.

Please visit the facebook Valacia Memorial Page to indicate your intention to come. The family requests that those wishing to send gifts please contact Chris Chalk at [email protected].