Philip Wynne

Philip Wynne, Reporter

Philip Wynne serves as a reporter for the Chant and is a senior. He was adopted from Guatemala as a baby and before living in Georgia, he  lived in New York until he was two.

Wynne enjoys turning the spotlight on others,  believing everyone has a story to share and is significant. When asked about Wynne,  Junior student Jacob Watkins said, “Philip is a hard working, yet outgoing person. He is a lot of fun to be around and is dedicated to success”. He decided to join journalism when his freshman Literature teacher, Ms. Patterson, told him he writes really well. Unfortunately, he could not join until junior year due to scheduling conflicts. Wynne joined the Chant because he wished to have his work published and over the past year, he can see improvement in his writing. He formed a strong friendship between the staff, especially Autumn and Melissa; he describes their friendship as “the three musketeers”, although other staff members may see them as “the Three Stooges.” Their friendship mainly includes humor and passion in their writings.

When he’s not writing or editing, he participates in national BMX competitions; he dream job is to become a professional competitor. He calls BMX racing his passion and dedicates all his spare time to the sport. Wynne works out two to three times a week in order to stay in shape for racing and practices at the track twice a week. He is also a member of North Cobb’s symphonic band. He is a percussionist and plays the marimba and snare drum. For the past year, he has worked at Taco Bell as a cook and cashier and enjoys interacting with customers and making them happy.

Although he is unsure what he will major in, Wynne is considering international law, journalism, and forensic science at Suny Maritime in New York or universities in California and Tennessee.  

Profile written by Rebecca Cantrell

All content by Philip Wynne
Senior Collin Cook, and Juniors Autumn Boekeloo, Giovanni Merendino and 
Mahmoud Sarris partook in Mr. Dempsey’s “Wrap Battle” during C lunch. Students had to wrap presents and were judged on speed and neatness. Merendino came out victorious with Boekeloo coming in second and Sarris third. Cook ended up coming in 4th place, which was also last. Students then got to keep the items that were in the boxes they wrapped. These items varied from candy to coal.

[Photo] Wrap battle

December 14, 2015
Why local shops deserve your business

Why local shops deserve your business

Philip Wynne, Reporter, Photographer
December 11, 2015
As the EOC’s occur, students continue to figure out how the tests will affect their lunch times. Many students are not pleased with the time changes as it is not what they’ve been accustomed to. Junior Caroline Long said, “It just feels weird eating at a different time, it was bad enough changing during the break, but now it’s worse as I’m trying to get used to eating early again.”

[Photo] Adjusted schedule

November 30, 2015
Seth Moore says that there is no greater feeling for him than when he is playing. Moore explains, “When on the field, I feel like the sun is setting and the moon is setting also, and you’re there in a gazebo. And then God descends from heaven and gives you a million dollars.” This happens to be lyrics from Toby Turner’s “Dramatic Song.”

Joseph Loch and Seth Moore leave band on high note

Philip Wynne, Reporter, Photographer
November 16, 2015
Although most students typically enjoy reading on their phone, some still like the feeling of a book in their hands. Thankfully, the media center still offers a variety books to check out.

[Photo] Bookworms unite

November 9, 2015
Although it is an odd site to see, the Gazebo by the 600s hall is abandoned during lunch hours. Usually, students use this site to enjoy their meal. However, the rainy weather has put a damper on the scenery. The Gazebo may be able to provide its shade Thursday as weather is expected to be mostly sunny.

[Photo] Rain check

October 26, 2015
Dakota Griggs spent his Alumni Night with the Percussion section and helping Alumni members with questions. The rain during his performance did not disappoint him as he enjoyed playing with others.

Marching Band hosts alumni to honor director

Philip Wynne, Photographer, Reporter
October 13, 2015
NC Homecoming Princess’ practice the walk for their special moment under the stadium lights on the football field.

[Photo] Homecoming prep

September 30, 2015
Sophomore Kaylin Altman gazes into the sunset as she embraces the North Cobb Marching Band environment and reflects upon her time at NCHS.

Eighth grade night inspires new talent

Philip Wynne, Reporter, Photographer
September 1, 2015
Quarterback Will Lovett prepares himself for another play on the Warrior’s home turf.

[Photo] Agony in the end zone

Andrew Lubbers, Sports editor
September 1, 2015
Savannah Hernandez drove her car through wet paint to leave tire impressions on paper for Mrs. Aughey’s Forensic Science class.

[Photo] Wet paint

August 24, 2015
Load More Stories