Warriors represent at Taste of Kennesaw

North+Cobb+students+volunteered+on+Saturday+to+help+out+with+the+school%E2%80%99s+booth+and+promote+school+spirit.+

Nadya Awino

North Cobb students volunteered on Saturday to help out with the school’s booth and promote school spirit.

On September 12, downtown Kennesaw held the annual Taste of Kennesaw food fair. Families and friends from all over the area came out to sample food from over 40 local restaurants.

However, patrons received more than just a taste of Kennesaw. NC ran their own booth, and in addition to selling drinks, orange-clad volunteers sold NC spiritwear, offered free face paint, and provided free games for children. NC made their presence known by showing out with flags, shirts, and foam fingers.

The NC booth provided free face paint, games, $2 drinks, and spirit wear at low prices.
Nadya Awino

When asked how the school managed to attract such a large amount of volunteers, sophomore Sydney Lowe, a Tribal Connections volunteer, said, “I think the canned food drive really helped advertise; everyone wanted to win the competition. Plus, we got a lot of other clubs involved.”

Despite Tribal Connections hosting the largest amount of volunteers present, other organizations such as art club, the football team, the cheer team, and the band also partook.

“We didn’t go last year, so this year we had to go all out and make up for it,” Nishmin Porbandarwala, a Tribal Connections sponsor, said.

Volunteers walked around the area chanting NC cheers to show how much pride they had in their school. Other schools who held booths at the event could not compare to North Cobb; volunteers from Kell High School even donated to the NC table. Next year, schools hope to be as organized and spirited as NC this year.