Who’s afraid of the NC lacrosse team?

Avery Rice

A lacrosse player runs with his new teammate.

Avery Rice, Photographer

The NC Warrior lacrosse team faced off against the Beacon Hill Cyclones, last year’s National Champions, Tuesday night and the claws came out (literally). The home team stole an unanticipated victory 365-1, making it their second win of the season.

The Warriors stormed out of the locker room with never before seen aggression and precision. The crowd seemed stunned by the game’s results.

Coach Fraundorf exclaimed, “I don’t know who is out there on the field tonight… but that’s not my team.”

Just hours before the game, both teams held an unusual meet up in the North Cobb woods. Witness junior Morgan Berozi explains, “They had glowing eyes! I’ve never run so fast in my life.”

NC's lacrosse team garnered strange looks regarding their new appearance.
Avery Rice
NC’s lacrosse team garnered strange looks regarding their new appearance.

Community members raised concerns about sudden hormonal imbalances in the players’ appearance and energy. The guys showcased an abnormal growth of full body hair and claws.

But, as it turned out, more bizarre occurrences happened on and off the field. According to several reliable sources, sophomore player Jacob Ross stepped into Coach Almy’s office and flashed a huge bite mark on his right side just underneath his armpit. Ross joins a list of seven players to report bites and scratches in the past weeks.

The conspiracy theory advocacy group NoCo Supernatural Society wildly  speculated on their blog (currently boasting 11 views) about the supernatural forces behind the random occurrences. They claim the someone attacked the lacrosse players and the players now suffer from lycanthropy; the disorder gives them supernatural abilities such as enhanced speed and heightened senses, enabling them to excel as a team.

After just a few days, the team managed to improve from number 16 in the state to number one in the nation. With the team’s newfound success, principal Bucky Horton jokes, “We might have to change our name to the Wolves.”

April fool’s, you fool!

XOXO, The Chant