Elrick takes over AP World History

Gracia+Elrick+takes+the+position+for+AP+World+History+as+Carolyn+Galloway+replaces+Jennifer+Biddy+in+the+AP+Comparative+Government+bundle.+

Leda Catak

Gracia Elrick takes the position for AP World History as Carolyn Galloway replaces Jennifer Biddy in the AP Comparative Government bundle.

Leda Catak, Reporter

Following Jennifer Biddy’s retirement at the end of the 2015-16 season, NC started the new year by offering Carolyn Galloway the position as AP Comparative Government teacher and hiring Gracia Elrick to take over AP World History.

Elrick entered the school year with the challenge of allowing students to expand their horizons. Despite the difficulty of switching to a new class, she still maintains a positive attitude.

“My students make me laugh on a daily basis. They make me think. They make amazing connections, and I really enjoy North Cobb so far,” Elrick said.

Her excitement and dedication express how well she fits in at NC.

“I have every resource and help that I could ever ask for, and I’m loving my time here at North Cobb so far,” Elrick said.

Carolyn Galloway, beyond taking on AP Comparative Government, decided to teach Honors World History due to her passion for the subject. With every word, Galloway provides a hubris and mesmerizing perspective.

“Ms. Galloway is really invested and passionate about the subject that she teaches. She has a lot of knowledge and when she teaches, it makes it really easy for the students and me to understand it,” Senior Shilpa Mally said.

Aside from being as wonderful as she is, Galloway mentions the academic layout for classes at NC. “We have a really high demand for social studies classes here at North Cobb which is awesome,” Galloway said.

Still, Galloway must alter her teaching ideology to cater to a new audience.

“My philosophy of honors is that it is essentially a pre-AP with the idea of preparing students for college courses,” Galloway said. “There are different personalities and each individual has a talent and every individual has an emotion on the way the world works.”

For some students, they cherish their new Honors class with a positive outlook and start to prepare themselves for future AP courses. For other students, such as sophomores, a rewarding opportunity awaits for their last year of an Honors class.

Both Galloway and Elrick take on the task of providing the best for their students by working together, with the former acting as a mentor.

“Ms. Galloway is an absolute saint,” Elrick said. “She is incredibly helpful, she is always there to help you out. She is great to kick off ideas from and she is simply wonderful.”