Homecoming: Screen on the green provides fun once again

Patricia+Collins%2C+Sydney+Sims%2C+Stefanie+Garcia%2C+Kaylee+Hulston%2C+Bailiegh+Krause%2C+Rylie+Geraci%2C+and+Najda+Sahovic+pose+for+a+picture+as+they+sell+baked+goods+for+Becca%E2%80%99s+Closet.+

Mackenzie Union

Patricia Collins, Sydney Sims, Stefanie Garcia, Kaylee Hulston, Bailiegh Krause, Rylie Geraci, and Najda Sahovic pose for a picture as they sell baked goods for Becca’s Closet.

Mackenzie Union, Reporter

Homecoming week festivities continued with the annual Screen on the Green at NC’s field on Wednesday, October 13.

Keeping with this year’s Greek theme, the student body watched a Disney favorite: Hercules. The movie premiered at 7:30 p.m. as students and friends gathered on the football field and laid out blankets to keep warm.

“It was a community oriented event and brought the students together to relax and enjoy a movie,” senior Kierra McIntyre said.

In addition, NC clubs took the opportunity to raise money and promote their organization. Becca’s Closet, which collects and provides dresses for girls in the community who cannot afford them, sold baked goods at the entrance to Screen on the Green. The bake sale raised enough funds to donate to local girls and give the students a delicious movie snack.

“The bake sale was a fun way to raise money for the club and help local girls,” junior Baileigh Krause said.

Friends sang along to the catchy music of Hercules throughout the evening and enjoyed relaxing after a long day. The Screen on the Green acts as an exciting event to bring NC together under the stars.

“It was a lot of fun to hang out with my friends and watch a great movie,” sophomore Zayn El Farnawany said.