Josh Joines

Josh Joines, Reporter, Photographer

Joshua Joines is a photographer and reporter for The Chant, who is interested in writing stories that elicit emotion in readers and stories that start conversations.

Josh is a senior Magnet student at NC who is involved thoroughly with advanced classes and his membership in National Honor Society.

When Josh isn't studying for his next major test, he is on the basketball court playing wheelchair basketball. Josh has been playing wheelchair basketball for seven years, gradually growing from playing friendly games, to traveling all over the country with the #2 ranked team in the country. Wheelchair basketball is what he thrives on and recently all the hard-work has payed off.

Josh had to travel to Colorado over winter break and spend five days at the Olympic Training Center eating, breathing and sleeping wheelchair basketball. He made the sixteen member U-23 USA National Paralympic Team and he describes it as his “greatest accomplishment.”

Senior Autumn Pope, a friend to Josh, describes him as, “Hardworking and ambitious especially when it comes to basketball.” Everyone one of Josh’s friends knows acknowledges how hard he works in and out of the classroom.

Another one of Josh’s friends, senior Audrey Widmier,  describes him as “A person with a lot of personality and motivation towards his passion” and also comments “He’s going to do big things.”

Josh in his down-time enjoys reading non-fiction books and watching Big Bang Theory and Modern Family. Josh has three other family members and two little furry ones as well.

As Josh completes the the last year of high school he is looking to go to the University of Illinois or Missouri majoring in Business and later wants to become a lawyer or politician. Lastly, Josh wants to create a new trend: #Protectthefish.

Written by Rachel Hunt

All content by Josh Joines