Watch out! In the counseling office it is not raining men, it is raining Hearts! “Those hearts were hard to hang and we were worried they would fall, but it was all worth it. They look great,” senior Amelia Seay said. (Melissa Hines)
Watch out! In the counseling office it is not raining men, it is raining Hearts! “Those hearts were hard to hang and we were worried they would fall, but it was all worth it. They look great,” senior Amelia Seay said.

Melissa Hines

Valentine’s day guidance office vs. attendance office decor war

February 9, 2015

With Valentine’s Day approaching and love in the air, NC’s front offices began decorating their desks and doors with hearts galore; however, what started as an innocent act of decoration soon turned into a full blown competition.

The Attendance office’s door stole our hearts. “Unfortunately, there are no prizes,” said Ms. Woolsey.
Melissa Hines

Admin 2, the attendance office, and the guidance office now war with one another, each office seeking the title for best decor. With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, rivalries come to a head and student aids rush to add last minute touches to their heartfelt designs. Check out each office’s glammed up decor.

Who needs a door to narnia, when there is a door to the guidance office’s heart? “We worked really hard on the door and are so happy with how it turned out,” senior Amelia Seay said.
Arsheen Kour

The front offices stole NC’s hearts with their lovely decorations. The pink and red add a touch of color and joy in the normally plain office setting. Each day, student aids add more and more hearts to their doors and desks. Despite the intense competition between the offices, the offices plan to come together and celebrate Valentine’s Day together for small party.

Move aside China, Admin. 2 is building the Great Wall of Hearts. “Decorating the office made our work much more fun and got our creative juices flowing,” said junior Carly Nunez.
Arsheen Kour

“It was really fun decorating the guidance office and competing against the other offices. It adds friendly competition to the normal office setting, which in turn creates a happier and lighter mood,” said senior Amelia Seay, a student aid for the guidance office.

Admin. 2’s desk looks Lovely. “Decorating is a fun way to express our love for the school,” said senior Brian Kamotho.
Melissa Hines

Each office looks well-decorated and unique, complete with their own special touch of Valentine’s day. The attendance office’s door remains their strongest competitor.  The guidance office’s wall of cute notes and hanging hearts makes everyone smile, while Admin 2 wins over passersby with their cute messages and wall of hearts. NC’s front offices truly created a heartwarming Valentine’s Day vibe for their students.

Admin. 2 could win hearts with their simple, yet effective door design. “The door definitely is my favorite. First there were just hearts but then we added the cupids, which really stands out from the other offices,” said junior Jayla Liner.
Arsheen Kour

Which office celebrates Valentine's Day love better?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.