Beta Club inducts new members

January 13, 2016

Nabila Pranto

Each member confirmed their commitment to Beta Club by accepting these four keys, Achievement, Character, Leadership and Service. Inductees promised to guard them well, use them wisely, and pass them on to upcoming members of Beta Club.

NC’s National Beta Club held their Induction Ceremony in the library on Thursday, January 7. The meeting started off with club members swearing in the Beta pledge led by the club’s President, senior CJ O’Connor and Physics teacher and club sponsor, Veronica Cook.

Along with the certificates, inductees were presented with a pin by O’Connor, another sign of recognition as a National Beta Member of 2016. “I am glad I get to represent the Beta Club, especially on a national level,” confirms senior, Betsy Benavides.
Nabila Pranto

“Beta Club is a leadership club. Our goal is to promote the leadership idea along with the two other important keys, those being character and service among our members… I am proud to induct these new members,” O’Connor said during the induction.

Because of the lack of members compared to last year, Beta Club’s initiation did not take place. This year, students joining the club delighted Cook.

Physics Teacher Veronica Cook and Beta Club’s President CJ O’Connor kick off the ceremony with an opening speech, explaining what Beta Club is and expectations inductees are to abide to.
Nabila Pranto

“It was nice to have official members at North Cobb again, now we have twenty members at the national level. Hopefully we grow to one hundred members consisting of freshman and sophomores during the spring semester,” Cook said.

Each member declared that they will hold principles of honesty and cooperate with fellow members of the National Beta and defend high mortality in hopes of improving the student body. The members held up four keys representing achievement, character, leadership and service.

“It was a small ceremony, but nonetheless I succeeded in inducting myself and many other new members that will carry on the club’s name,” senior Induction Chair Nneoma Igwedibie said.

As guest of honor, Assistant Principal Stephen Revard congratulated each student with recognition and a certificate of membership election on behalf of the administration. “Beta club is a national club that has been around since the 30’s… so it really exciting to see North Cobb participate in an organization that has a far reaching impact.” says Revard.
Nabila Pranto

Upon receiving recognition, each member received a Beta Club pin, a certification of recognition, along with a membership card from Assistant Principal, Steve Revard.

Senior Nneoma Igwedibie sworn into her new officer position as Induction Chair, “I feel as if though I have a sense of responsibility in this club, to bring people into the club and I am ready fill in that role” says Igwedibie.
Nabila Pranto

“The ceremony was great. I always enjoy students taking it upon themselves to be a positive influence,” Revard said.  

Students proudly accepted their pin and certification.“I feel extremely honored to be apart of Beta Club this year and am ready to take on what I pledged,” Igwedibie said.  ,

View Comments(1)

The Chant • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

• J

John DoeJan 14, 2016 at 10:10 PM

Wait, I didn’t know we had a Beta Club at our school. How do we join? Is it too late to join?

Reply
1