Sayonara, seniors

Students enjoyed seeing a recap of this year’s highlights and moments from the past in the yearbook.“This year’s yearbook is important because it shows our whole year. It’s a memory of what we built upon.” senior and Editor in Chief of the yearbook staff Baileigh Krause said.

Erin Grier

Erin Grier

Erin Grier, Reporter

Students received their yearbooks for the 2017-2018 school year on Wednesday, April 25. The yearbook staff held the distribution in the main cafeteria from 2:40 pm to 3:30 pm.

“They [the seniors] are very creative and very focused on what they want to do. I’ve really enjoyed working with them, and I’m excited to see what they’re gonna do,” audio visual teacher Daniel Knode said.

In the new performing arts center, seniors found out who won the senior superlatives and received their final yearbook. A slideshow with sentimental music documented highlights from their last year at NC as a mix of emotions sparked in the theater.  

Erin Grier
The yearbook staff distributed yearbooks to the students in the cafeteria starting at 2:40. Freshmen, sophomores, and juniors received their yearbooks, while seniors learned of the senior superlatives in the auditorium.

The theme of this year’s Panorama centered around “Going Beyond,” and celebrated the changes the school has gone through since it first opened 60 years ago in 1958. On the bottom of each page, students caught a glimpse of NC’s past through photos from the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, and early 2000s.

Erin Grier
The yearbook focuses on the theme of “Going Beyond.” Throughout the year, the yearbook staff asked teachers and students what it means to go beyond procrastination, drama, character, academics, and more. Next to each “Going Beyond” statement, timelines allowed current students to go beyond the decades and see NC’s former students and staff.

“It [the yearbook] shows who we are as a student body. I think people enjoyed it a lot because when people first saw it, they were asking what it was and we explained [the concept of] ‘Going Beyond,’” senior and Yearbook Editor-in-Chief Baileigh Krause said.

The graduating class awarded 18 seniors with a senior superlative this year. Jackson Gallman and Sydney Lowe won Most Athletic, Evan Wigley and Julianna Isbitts won Most Intellectual, and Corey Davis and Najda Sahovic acquired the title of Best Dressed. Sam Wender and Chelsea Scarborough laughed their way into winning Class Clown, Tucker Hardin and Sydni Ladd won Most Changed Since Freshman Year, Jordan Hicks and Baileigh Krause won Most Likely to Brighten Your Day, and Chloe Peterson and Courtney Miller won Best Buds.

Claudia Checo acquired the coveted title of Mrs. North Cobb, and Mr. North Cobb went to Malik Balogun. Each year, the senior class also selects a teacher who made an impact on them during their high school experience. This year, social studies teacher Matthew Sanders won the senior teacher dedication.

“We have a variety of different people with different interests, but we are able to unite over our love of North Cobb,” senior and yearbook staff member Gabi Nwachukwu said.