Dr. Foster memorial tree planted in her honor

Kayley Rapp

Chorus students gather around the newly planted tree to honor Dr. Foster.

Kayley Rapp, News/Beat editor

Countless students and NC faculty members gathered in the courtyard on October 22nd after school to remember Dr. Amy Foster with a tree planted in her honor.

“It was a very touching ceremony. There was a strong comforting presence and it gave me closure. Dr. Foster would have loved,” chorus student junior Katie Peters said.

A beautiful stone recognizes Dr. Foster's success at North Cobb and serves as a tribute to her role as a mentor and teacher to so many choral students.
Kayley Rapp
A beautiful stone recognizes Dr. Foster’s success at North Cobb and serves as a tribute to her role as a mentor and teacher to so many choral students.

The ceremony began with chorus student senior Chris Elsey reciting a speech he wrote about Dr. Foster. His emotional speech clearly impacted everyone in attendance.

After Elsey spoke, Dr. Page said kind words about the former chorus teacher and remembered the impact she left on all her students. Finally, Dr. Foster’s husband, Allen Pannell, spoke and thanked everyone for honoring his wife.

After he finished his short speech, he and the chorus students surrounded the tree and quietly sang “Tink of Me.”  Every speech and act of remembrance showed the amount of impact Dr. Foster had on her students and fellow teachers. NC will continue to remember and honor this impactful teacher for years to come.