Fashion Club pleased to introduce NC’s Eco Fashion Show

Courtesy of Vogue and Rosalyn Schwanke
NC’s fashion club eagerly prepares for its Eco Fashion Show, which will take place Friday, April 12 in the Performing Arts Center (PAC). With every seam stitched and buttonhole finished, members and models take one step closer to the anticipated show. For only five dollars, fashion enthusiasts and those looking for a show can enjoy an ethically sourced and produced fashion extravaganza.

As the end of the school year looms, a unique opportunity presents itself for high school fashion enthusiasts and those looking for a quick, entertaining time. NC’s fashion club, run by senior club president Ryan Brown, prepares a spectacular eco-friendly fashion show. In this Earth-loving vein, all the materials arrive pre-owned or second-hand, but the looks will showcase remarkably new and creative styles. 

The show will take place April 12 at 7 pm, where 15 models are scheduled to walk in garments made and reworked by club members, chiefly Brown. Leading up to the show, models practice their walks, makeup artists and hairstylists plan the cosmetics and designers style the dazzling looks. 

As the show rapidly approaches, growing anticipation pains the eager members. Originally, the club scheduled the show to debut on March 15, but due to issues in dress rehearsal scheduling, the club pushed back the date. This hindrance, however, allows for further refinement in the wardrobes, music and walks for the show. 

“The hardest part of the show prep is trying to get everybody on board at the same time. Communication with people can ruin something so easily, like your words are always interpreted differently than what you mean sometimes, so I guess learning how to communicate effectively with people with very different communication styles,” Brown said. 

The show aims to epitomize sustainability. Although designers created and styled each article of clothing uniquely, the club sourced all the materials from thrift stores and second-hand donations. The styles aim to embody a mixture of avant-garde and casual streetwear. Paired with upbeat music and colorful lights, the occasion will showcase the potential of sustainability.

Each model showcases incredible skill on the runway. After undergoing competitive casting and consistent training, the models look forward to a successful show. Designers crafted each outfit specifically to the models’ measurements, ensuring a fabulous fit to the stars.

Students’ schedules tend to fill up quickly in the spring semester, so an enjoyable break like viewing a fashion show can exemplify a fantastic way to wind down, socialize or spend time with friends and significant others. April 12 will characterize itself as a remarkable night in NC history as the school’s first fashion show takes the stage.

Tickets cost only $5, and the club sells them online through a QR code on their Instagram account. The Friday show will take place in the Performing Arts Center (PAC) and will hopefully set a precedent for intriguing shows like it at NC as time progresses.

“I’m a little bit nervous [to model] mostly… You need to take a lot of time to actually practice your model walk, but I think I’m going to be okay. I’m excited for this fashion show; I’m excited for it to happen, I’m excited to see who all is going to be there, and I’m excited for it to be over so I can take a break,” Junior Vice President and model Audrea Eyamo said.