Morgan Wallen takes his tour “One Night At A Time”

Annie Moran
Country music star Morgan Wallen performed in Atlanta November 10 and 11 to showcase his “One Thing At A Time” album. The tour, titled “One Night At A Time,” uses 24 songs from Wallen’s single tracks and all three of his famous albums. Multiple country music fans from NC attended the concert and experienced Wallen’s southern persona accompanied by the loud lights and stage mechanics.

December 1, 2022, country singer-songwriter Morgan Wallen announced the details of his highly anticipated One Night At A Time” tour. Beginning March 15, Wallen kicked off his concerts overseas with shows in Auckland, New Zealand and numerous Australian cities before returning to the United States for concerts starting in April.

Wallen performed in Atlanta, Georgia November 10 and 11 at Truist Park, drawing eager fans of all ages to sing their hearts out to his songs about love and southern life. Wallen’s dynamic stage presence and high energy accompanied by an impressive display of flashing lights created a memorable evening for the enthusiastic audience. 

Teenagers and adults alike enjoy Wallen’s charming country-boy persona, reflecting his love for his hometown and his southern roots, evident in hits such as “More Than My Hometown” and “The Way I Talk.” His distinctive appearance, characterized by his flannel jackets and mullet hairstyle —recently surprising fans with a clean shave—adds to the allure. Beyond his homespun character, Wallen’s audience also remains captivated by his upbeat music and infectious energy.

“I listen to [Wallen] almost every day. I like that you can relate to his music in some type of way. I love the instrumental, it feels peaceful. I love his album: I think there is something for everyone on it. He recently released a song with Thomas Rhett and it was amazing,” senior Courtney Olin said.

Wallen began his rise to fame in 2014 with his noteworthy audition on season six of “The Voice.” Under the mentorship of singer and judge Usher, he secured a coveted spot among the top 20 contestants. Building on his momentum, Wallen released his debut album titled “If I Know Me,” four years later, featuring 14 songs. This incredible album includes Wallen’s famous work, “Whiskey Glasses,” certified as multi-platinum and won Song of the Year by Broadcast Music, Inc. (BMI) for the 2020 BMI music awards. In 2021, Wallen released “Dangerous: The Double Album,” which continued his rise in fame and won Album of the Year in the Academy of Country Music Awards (ACM). Adding to his discography, Wallen’s junior album, “One Thing At A Time,” surfaced last year with 36 songs.

The “One Night At A Time” tour receives its name from a play on words of Wallen’s latest album. The set list for the concert comprises famous songs such as “You Proof,” but a majority of the concert track comes from his album “One Thing At A Time” in which Wallen performs his recent hits: “Cowgirls” and “‘98 Braves.” After one of the various openers — Bailey Zimmeran, ERNEST, Dylan Marlowe and Parker Mccollum — Wallen takes the stage in his classic jeans and cowboy boots to sing “Up Down.” The concert then continues with 23 other songs from all of Wallen’s albums and singles before he ends the encore with “Whiskey Glasses.”

“I wanted to go to the concert because I love country music and he is my favorite country artist. I listen to him everyday because I enjoy how he tells stories in all his songs. I do like his new album, but some songs didn’t really click with me. I definitely prefer the ‘Dangerous’ and ‘If I Know Me’ albums but those are pretty hard to beat,” senior Annie Moran said.

The tour will continue through August 2024 and reach numerous states such as  Indiana, Mississippi and Tennessee. Wallen still plans to travel to various places throughout the course of this tour such as London, United Kingdom. The next tour dates in the United States will take place in Austin, Texas and Houston, Texas November 16 and 18.