FCCLA earns bronze at state

NC+juniors+Laney+Robitzsch+and+Tatiana+Londo%C3%B1o+smile+after+receiving+their+bronze+medals+from+attaining+the+9th+position+at+the+annual+FCCLA+state+competition.+Sophomore+Kiara+Kisor%2C+the+original+team+member%2C+could+not+savor+this+moment+with+her+partner+due+to+health+issues+but+despite+all+odds%2C+the+students%E2%80%99+determination+to+win+a+medal+earned+them+a+bronze+medal%2C+which+they+now+wear+with+pride.+

FCCLA earns bronze at state

NC juniors Laney Robitzsch and Tatiana Londoño smile after receiving their bronze medals from attaining the 9th position at the annual FCCLA state competition. Sophomore Kiara Kisor, the original team member, could not savor this moment with her partner due to health issues but despite all odds, the students’ determination to win a medal earned them a bronze medal, which they now wear with pride.

Lisa-quinn Ndegwa

Lisa-quinn Ndegwa

Lisa-quinn Ndegwa

Lisa-quinn Ndegwa, Reporter, Photographer

NC’s Future Career and Community Leaders of America (FCCLA) chapter and service students juniors Laney Robitzsch and Tatiana Londono could not contain their excitement after receiving their bronze medals at the Americasmart in downtown Atlanta on Sunday, March 17. NC participated at the state level in four categories: chapter and service display by Robitzsch and Londono, knife skills by freshman Paige Criswell, baking and pastry by senior Ana Casco, and creative garnishing by junior Taylor Catlin.

“It was definitely not expected. I knew I gave it my all and that we did a pretty decent job in preparing for state, but I did not think it would be that good,” junior Laney Robitzsch said.

Originally, Robitzsch planned to present the chapter and service display project with sophomore Kiara Kisor, but due to health issues, Kisor did not make it to competition. This unfortunate turn of events, however, did not deter Robitzsch from winning a medal with fellow culinary student Londono stepping in for Kisor.

“I felt sad that [Kisor] did not get to be there for the competition or even get to receive the prize we toiled for since we worked together from the beginning to get here, but I am happy I won it for the both of us,” Robitzsch said.

With competition season over for NC FCCLA students, they bury themselves in books to prepare for the end of the school year. Memories of their winnings will stick with them for the rest of the medal holder’s lives, but the entire culinary team will use the skills they acquired throughout this season to hopefully collect more medals next school year.

“All the tears and pressure was definitely worth it. I have never been this proud of myself,” Robitzsch said.

Lisa-quinn Ndegwa, Reporter

Cruising her way through her last semester of high school, Lisa-quinn is a senior and a “newbie” in ‘The Chant’ family. With no prior experience...