LUCKI releases new album: “FLAWLESS LIKE ME”

HypeBeast

“FLAWLESS LIKE ME,” the long-awaited sophomore studio album by Lucki continued his December 2021 collaborative project “WAKE UP LUCKI”, while working with producer F1LTHY. “FLAWLESS LIKE ME” debuted at #12 on the Billboard 200, moving 25,000 album-equivalent units during the chart week’s ending of September 29, 2022, marking his highest-charting album.

Malique Card, Reporter

The Chicago rapper LUCKI became a name to know in the rap industry with his recent singles. Lately, his streams from his entertaining fanbase made him blow up, as his fans call him their therapist. LUCKI dropped an album called “FLAWLESS LIKE ME” after dropping “New Drank”, “COINCIDENCE” and “Y NOT”. Anticipation came from these singles and his previous album “WAKE UP LUCKI”. When making the beats of “WAKE UP LUCKI”, he focused on the Soundcloud audio quality and aimed for an edgy, unprofessional project compared to “FLAWLESS LIKE ME”.

The long-awaited album, “FLAWLESS LIKE ME” released September 23, 2022 and includes the artists Future and BabyFace Ray. The album contains 24 songs which resemble his passion for music.
(LUCKI)

LUCKI granted the audience a collection of highly anticipated tracks, achieving his best production. The album holds a talented list of producers and artists that brought their A-Game while LUCKI presented a vocal delivery that reminds fans of him in 2019 and 2020: a slow, tired melody and voice. Fans liked the songs “13” and “KAPITOL DENIM” the best. Songs in the album included features from Future and Michigan rapper, Babyface Ray.

A personal favorite on the album, “BEEN A MINUTE”, a high-tempo song, talks about the betrayal he felt from friends and the people closest to him. LUCKI raps about his fame and mentions how nobody should call him now because nobody called when he did not hold a status. “WHITE HOUSE” features Babyface Ray, as they made music together before they achieved a high status in the rap industry.  

“FLAWLESS LIKE ME” turned out to sound different from his previous album, “WAKE UP LUCKI”. LUCKI collaborated with F1LTHY to make an alternative rap album by producing loud, scratchy beats. “FLAWLESS LIKE ME” focuses on lyricism and smooth beats, making the album appear professional. 

LUCKI looked up to the artist Future while experiencing the hard parts of his childhood, causing him to fall in love with his music. In the song “KAPITOL DENIM”, LUCKI collaborated with Future to make a gem, and both added immense contributions to trap music and alternative rap. The artists created their usual flow on their singles.

“It was a crazy secession to be a part of, at times I was nervous rapping with [Future] because he’s that guy that I’ve looked up to for so long. I’ve been tweeting about him for so long, even before I blew up and became a part of rap culture,” LUCKI said.

Dropping a month before the album, “COINCIDENCE” accomplished an upstanding performance. This song trended for months as an unreleased song on the platform TikTok, with people anticipating the song to achieve the name “best song LUCKI dropped”. TikTok only showed a 20-second snippet, which included the hook of the song. 

I really loved the new LUCKI compared to his other albums. It was definitely one of the better albums he pushed out there. I believe he concentrated on this album and took his time, especially all the good features he had on the album. You can tell the professionalism from the album and it doesn’t seem rushed. I definitely think it’s up there with songs like “Days Be4 III” and “WAKE UP LUCKI”. I’m a huge fan of LUCKI and listen to many of his songs and I can proudly say this album will sit as one of his better albums as he goes along in his career,” NC junior Marvin Maina said.