Former Colorado teacher heads south for new opportunity

Judy Stubblefield

Mr. Lee loves how physics can surprise students.

Sabrina Kerns, Photographer

Mr. Lee arrived at North Cobb High School this semester to take on the open position of physics teacher.

Lee left his home in Colorado a week before the start of the 2014-2015 school year pursuing change.

“I have only been in Georgia for about three weeks now, so there has been a lot of transition. I am still living in a hotel looking for a home, so it has been a struggle. I’m enjoying Georgia and I’m enjoying teaching high school because I can go a lot farther with the students here, and in high school we can have those deeper conversations that I could not have with the kids at the school in Colorado,” Lee said.

Lee finds that his projects, lessons, and discussions help kickstart high school thinking in a way his elementary students could not reach in Colorado.
Judy Stubblefield

Before coming to North Cobb, Lee taught kindergarten, first, and second grade Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM). His career took a major turn when he agreed to teach at a high school so far away from home.

“I love the students and the support that the staff gives. It has been a big transition for me because I have substituted in high schools a lot, but I have never actually taught in them. Teaching full-time in high school has been a learning experience for me, and whenever I ask a question, the students or faculty usually have an answer for me,” Lee said.

Lee wants students to know that he is happy to teach at North Cobb and spread his love for physics. He also holds tutoring sessions after school in room 621.