Warriors herd the Wolfpack for the homecoming game

Haley Kish

The NC varsity football team runs through the NC banner making the crowd excited. Orange and white smoke surround the players as they jump and cheer while preparing to beat North Paulding.

Haley Kish, Photo Editor

NC played their homecoming game against the North Paulding Wolfpack on Friday, October 18. After beating Kennesaw Mountain Mustangs last week, the Warriors hoped to continue their winning streak.

The first quarter kicked off with junior quarterback, number seven, Trevor Lovett passing the ball to senior running back, number one, Tommieo Walker, who scored the first touchdown, bringing the score to 7-0. NC proceeded to make two more touchdowns, which brought the score to 21-0. 

“Their [North Paulding’s] quarterback makes them go. He’s a dual-threat, he can run it and throw it very well,” Head Coach Shane Queen said. 

The second quarter began with Lovett dashing into the endzone, scoring a touchdown, and bringing the score to 28-0. NC’s defense managed to prevent North Paulding from scoring a touchdown until the final few minutes, making the score 28-7. 

Haley Kish
Senior Tommieo Walker scores the first touchdown, propelling NC to the lead in the first quarter. Walker runs back and cheers with his teammates as they all become excited for the rest of the game.

As halftime began, NC celebrated their homecoming. The marching band went on the field and played subtle music while the JROTC students moved to the middle of the field and held up their swords for the homecoming court to walk under. A pair of underclassmen students from each grade walked through first, followed by four senior boys and girls. The seniors stood in the middle and then waited for the announcer to call out the homecoming king and queen. After much suspense, Joshua Dixon won senior homecoming king and Sydney Thomas won senior homecoming queen. 

After halftime, the Warriors scored their final touchdown for the game making the score 35-7. Shortly afterward, North Paulding made another touchdown, bringing the score to 35-14. In the final quarter, North Paulding scored their last touchdown making the final score 35-21. Scoring ahead by two touchdowns, NC celebrated their win against North Paulding at their homecoming dance Saturday, October 19. NC hopes to continue their winning streak next week against Marietta High School next week at Emory Sewell Stadium.

“It felt really good winning the homecoming game because we had a great game last week in the weight room and in practice. Seeing all of our preparation come together was amazing,” number 66, Magnet junior Marcus Parker said.