Chike Asuzu: Chief of the Tribe

Asuzu+takes+the+chance+given+to+him+by+TC+to+speak+at+the+Kennesaw+Business+Association+meeting+hosted+at+Kennesaw+State+University.+Representing+NC+with+a+bright+and+happy+smile%2C+Asuzu+begins+his+speech.+

Photo courtesy of Chike Asuzu

Asuzu takes the chance given to him by TC to speak at the Kennesaw Business Association meeting hosted at Kennesaw State University. Representing NC with a bright and happy smile, Asuzu begins his speech.

Naoshin Kaiser, Photographer

With his high school career coming to an end, senior class president Chike Asuzu carries his memories of leadership from Tribal Connections (TC) with him as he gets ready for his next step in life.

Asuzu joined TC his freshman year at NC. When he first joined the club, they sought out people who possessed good relationships with their teachers, a strong work ethic, and the ability to manage their time.

“The club has changed from my freshman year to now greatly. When I first joined, it seemed as if sponsors were searching for leaders. With my senior year, our goal is to reconstruct the club into cultivating leadership, because leadership exists in everyone,”  Asuzu said.

TC continues to impact how Asuzu leads and drives him to become an exceptional leader himself. As he reflects on his memories from the last four years, Asuzu reminisces on what he learned. He awakens leadership skills in his fellow students and frames them as the next school leaders. Asuzu hopes to bring out the best in the rising student body and leave NC with an active and growing student government.

“TC has taught me so much about how to be confident in myself and enable myself and others around me to pursue their passion,” Asuzu said.

With the dawn of the new school year, Asuzu desires to enable students to bring out skills that live in everyone. He strives to leave an impact on potential leaders, draw these leaders out of the crowd, and allow them to use their skills to the best of their abilities and make a difference at NC.

“I want to make it where anyone can be involved and contribute to something they are passionate about,” Asuzu said.

Naoshin Kaiser
Asuzu brings school spirit alive by painting up for the football game with his friends. The crowd accompanies Asuzu’s enthusiasm as they cheer on the winning start to another Warrior football season.

To encourage an active student body, Asuzu created a packed schedule for TC to get the students involved. TC allows students to have a voice in the school and build strong bonds with their fellow classmates. Each class graduates as a whole, so being together for four years gives peers time to build strong relationships with each other.

“I’m going to miss the family— everyone that I’ve worked with in the past four years have become the most close and influential people in my life now, and I will always miss how close I grew with those people,” Asuzu said.

The framework of this leadership position within TC created a bond that Asuzu cannot and will not forget. Holding on to all that he learned, he continues to carry his knowledge by having self awareness, balancing the workload of a Magnet senior year, managing relationships, and prioritizing tasks— all skills he will apply to the real world.  

Keeping his chin up, a smile on his face, and his school spirit on high, Asuzu challenges the student body to better the community and NC’s future.