Growing Arizona-based frozen yogurt franchise launches metro-Atlanta expansion with the opening of its first location in Kennesaw, October 3

Growing+Arizona-based+frozen+yogurt+franchise+launches+metro-Atlanta+expansion+with+the+opening+of+its+first+location+in+Kennesaw%2C+October+3+

Christina LaPorte, Press release

Zoyo Neighborhood Yogurt, an Arizona-based self-serve frozen yogurt franchise, has announced the opening of its first Georgia location, located in Kennesaw.  Operated by local franchisees Craig Kovel and Robin Kovel, the new Zoyo location will begin serving guests on Friday, October 3.

Due to the Kovels’ passion for supporting teachers and education, the newest Zoyo Neighborhood Yogurt store will be offering an area wide school fundraiser throughout October. As part of the grand opening celebration, cups of yogurt will be offered on a buy one, get one free basis, and a percentage of each purchase will be donated to local schools; including North Cobb High School – where their oldest daughter is an English teacher, and their son is a student – as well as Awtrey and Barber Middle Schools, and Baker, Kennesaw, McCall, Pitner, and Big Shanty Elementary Schools.

Located near Legacy Park, the first Zoyo in Georgia – a 1,544 square-foot-store, complete with the brand’s unique glass roll-up door that opens up to a patio – will provide a gathering place where members of the local community can socialize and enjoy the brand’s signature frozen yogurt flavors and toppings.  Within minutes of Kennesaw State University, ITT Technical Institute, Adam’s Park, Acworth Sports Complex, and multiple residential communities, the Kovels look forward to welcoming students, friends, and families alike.  Zoyo is located next to the popular pizza joint, Big Pie in the Sky.

“After running and growing a chain of cellular stores for nearly 20 years, we decided it was time to pursue a new venture that the whole family could get excited about,” said Craig Kovel.  “With Robin’s experience in the culinary arts and myself a self-proclaimed frozen treat lover, we were immediately interested in learning more about Zoyo when our broker suggested it, and once we traveled to Arizona to give it a try, we were sold!  Kennesaw’s large family population and community-centric environment make it the perfect place to launch the brand in Georgia.  The quality of product and atmosphere of Zoyo is unmatched in the market, and we look forward to leveraging our 20 years of living and working in the area to introduce the community to this great brand.”

With roots firmly planted in the area, the Zoyo Kennesaw’s community outreach plan is already underway.  In addition to the grand opening promotion benefitting North Cobb High School (NCHS) and all of the schools within the NCHS footprint, the Kovels plan to launch an ongoing “Zoyo Supports Education” program in conjunction with the local PTSA.  Every month, Zoyo will make free yogurt certificates available to the teachers at the nearby schools, to be given away to a deserving student of the teachers’ choosing.

Partnerships with the local little league teams who play at the nearby Adams Park and Acworth Sports Complex are also being developed, in order to provide funds for team operations and sweet treats after the games.

Screen Shot 2014-09-28 at 8.23.50 PM

The Kennesaw location is the first of many to come in Georgia, as a development agreement was signed by the Kovels in late 2013.

In 2014, Zoyo achieved system-wide positive comp growth.  In addition to the Kennesaw store coming soon, the brand currently has 10 locations throughout Arizona, as well as shops in Texas, Michigan, Indiana, and Virginia.  Zoyo is also actively pursuing franchisees to operate in markets throughout the rest of the United States, including New York City and Boston.

“Zoyo delivers an experience unlike any other frozen yogurt shop,” said Aaron Klusman, founder of Zoyo Neighborhood Yogurt.  “We serve the highest quality ingredients and toppings, and provide a relaxed atmosphere that encourages friends and families to mingle and unwind.  In every market, our goal is to be an evening ritual for the community.”

The new Zoyo shop is located at 2090 Baker Road, Suite A101 and will be open Sunday – Thursday 12 p.m. – 9:30 p.m., and Friday – Saturday 12 p.m. -10:30 p.m.  To learn more about Zoyo Neighborhood Yogurt or to inquire about franchise opportunities, please visit zoyogurt.com.

Screen Shot 2014-09-28 at 8.23.41 PM

About Zoyo Neighborhood Yogurt

Zoyo Neighborhood Yogurt is an Arizona-based, self-serve frozen yogurt franchise with 10 locations across the metro-Phoenix area, as well as locations in Texas, Michigan, Indiana, and Virginia. Founded by Aaron Klusman in 2010, Zoyo is a neighborhood gathering place where friends and family can get together over a cup of delicious, premium quality frozen yogurt.  Zoyo’s selection of frozen yogurt flavors is constantly changing, and includes everything from classic flavors like Pistachio or Cookies & Cream, to original creations like Zoatmeal Cookie and Peanut Butter & Jelly. Guests also have 45 toppings to choose from, which range from fresh fruit, to chocolate candies and decadent caramel syrup.

In addition to the countless yogurt and topping combinations available at Zoyo, the frozen yogurt is carefully crafted to contain high levels of beneficial live and active yogurt cultures and to provide a great source of nutrients such as protein, calcium, potassium, B12 and Riboflavin. Whether frozen yogurt is a component of your health regimen or you’re simply trying to satisfy a sweet tooth, Zoyo has something for everyone, all housed under one clean, friendly, and relaxed roof.