Magic at Music Midtown

Erinn Gardner

Atlanta welcomed numerous high profile musicians to Piedmont Park on Saturday September 18th and Sunday September 19th for the annual Music Midtown festival. 21 Savage made his way to the Version stage at 6:30 on Saturday evening.

Erinn Gardner, Reporter

Music Midtown, an annual music festival in Atlanta’s Piedmont Park, reopened on Saturday, September 18th and Sunday, September 19th after a year on hiatus due to the Covid-19 pandemic.  This renowned music festival draws individuals from all across Atlanta, especially those who enjoy current artists. Headliners included Maroon 5, Megan Thee Stallion, Jonas Brothers, Marshmello, 21 Savage and Miley Cyrus.  

“I was most excited to see Megan. I became a huge fan of hers over quarantine and when I heard she was coming to Music Midtown, I just had to go. It did meet my expectations. At first, I was worried I wasn’t going to be able to get a good spot but I was able to see a lot of good performances and enjoy myself,” former NC student, Jachi Cosby said.

The inclusivity of genres that Music Midtown attracted a diverse crowd. The music varied from indie pop to rap and hip hop. The festival boasted a variety of stages on which different musicians perform, allowing for separate concerts to occur at the same time. These stages include The Cotton Club Stage, The Roxy Stage, The Great Southeast Stage and The Verizon Stage. This enabled viewers to pick and choose who they desired to see, as well as conveniently plan what times they wish to attend. On the contrary, it forced fans to choose between their favorite artists who performed at the same time.

This annual, two-day festival allows residents in the Atlanta area to unwind from their daily activities to eat food, hang out with friends and watch their favorite performers. 

“I feel like it was a success. Even though the lineup was bad, the artists that I did want to see definitely understood the assignment! I see myself going again because I was able to make memories with my friends to last a lifetime,” North Atlanta junior Cameryn Thorpe said.