Burger King sells Whoppers for one cent

Rose Ordonio via Canva
    Burger King announced a price change of their signature menu item, The Whopper, to only one cent. This announcement took the internet by storm with the delicious announcement causing the news to trend throughout social media platforms like X. Fast food enthusiasts and students looking for a cheap meal can head over to the famous fast food chain to exchange their spare change for the jam-packed burger.

On March 30, Burger King announced their delicious decision to sell their company’s recognizable menu item, the Whopper, for one cent. The famous fast food corporation cited this permanent decision to push people all over the United States to try their signature hamburger. In addition, this price change comes amid the burger shortages within the US. 

Burger King’s Whopper has remained a popular item on the Burger King menu since 1957 and the corporation has done fun marketing with its signature dish. Over the years, celebrities around the world have indulged in the hamburger and have praised it for its seasoned patties and incorporation of fresh ingredients. Burger King even held an advertisement campaign where A-Lists celebs sang the catchy Whopper Whopper Whopper Whopper song while holding the delicious subject of the song. Over the years,  the Whopper has changed for holidays, with candy corn-flavored buns for Halloween and a gingerbread burger patty for Christmas. 

“I tried the Halloween burger buns for fun and it was really nasty. I don’t really think Burger King should be selling Whoppers that are crazy flavors because it caused me to have an upset stomach and might make other people’s stomachs hurt. I think the concept is really funny because no one really expects these flavors on a burger,” magnet senior Vivian Nguyen said. 

This announcement has sent shockwaves around social media. On the social media platform X, #PennyForAPatty started trending for two weeks straight. Fast food enthusiasts and NC students looking for a cheap, study meal can head over to “The Home of the Whopper” by exchanging mere pennies.  

“I am so excited for this announcement. A lot of the time I get really hungry when I’m up late studying and I’m glad there are affordable options out there for munchers like me. I have been a fan of the Whopper for so long for its huge patty and the amount of vegetables they put on that solve late-night cravings,” magnet senior Sarah Abduallah.    

April Fools, you fool!

XOXO,

View Comments (8)