Freshmen adjust to Warrior Nation

How do you like North Cobb so far?

He said: “It’s pretty cool! My favorite part is the new lunch choices.” -Jake Nicholson

She said: “I love North Cobb, it is so much better than middle school!” -Nefertiti Shabazz

Freshmen Nefertiti Shabazz and Mackenzie Thomas laugh together during lunch, at ease and unconcerned on their third day of school.
Fatima Elfakahany

What is the biggest difference between high school and middle school?

He said: “There is a lot more responsibilities in high school and the classes seem more difficult.” -Josh Jenkins

She said: “The actual school building. North Cobb is so much bigger than my previous school.” -Mackenzie Thomas

Freshmen Cole Wilson and Josh Jenkins relax at lunchtime, taking a brief break from the school day.
Fatima Elkafahany

What were you nervous about on the first day of school?

He said: “I was worried about the classes I would end up with. Also, I was hoping to have friends in my classes.” -Cole Wilson

She said: “I was terrified of getting lost in the hallways!” -Daisy Dunlap

What are you most excited about in high school?

He said: “I can’t wait to try out for the soccer team!” -Benji Estrada

She said: “The sports games… I have heard that North Cobb games are so much fun and I can’t wait to be a part of them.” -Wendy Alcontaya

Do you like the Freshman Academy?

He said: “Yes, the academy gives us the opportunity to make an easier transition into high school. It takes away a lot of the stress and anxiety.” -Reed Walker

She said: “No, because we don’t get to fully experience high school until we are sophomores.” -Marria Batemon

Who has helped you transition into high school?

He said: “My brother. He graduated from North Cobb, so he gave me a lot of tips about the school and teachers.” -Patrick Wright

She said: “The staff helped me find my way around the building the first few days of school.” -Cynthia Acevedo