The most bang for your buck: Thai Basil and Sushi Zen’s $1 sushi deal

Thai+Basil+and+Sushi+Zen%2C+located+in+the+Kennesaw%2FAcworth+area%2C+proves+itself+as+one+of+the+most+popular+places+for+sushi+lovers.+

Rachel Maxwell

Thai Basil and Sushi Zen, located in the Kennesaw/Acworth area, proves itself as one of the most popular places for sushi lovers.

Turner Markwalter, Reporter

Off the intersection between Cobb Parkway and Acworth Due West, Thai Basil and Sushi Zen offer a variety of traditional foods popular in Asian households. To promote the business, management decided to hold a one dollar sushi deal every Monday from 4:30 to 6:30 pm.

Several high school and college students seize this opportunity to savor the delicious taste of sushi for one of the best prices in the Kennesaw/Acworth area.
“You get the most bang for your buck when you come here. It’s awesome,” junior Griffin Mark said.

One can choose to order from the nigiri (one piece) or the regular (four pieces) menu. The normal fish options include salmon, tuna, and crab, or one can select something more exotic, such as fish eggs. Choosing from either salmon or tuna, customers can order their sushi crispy, making the fish fried and the roll topped with eel sauce, or spicy, which gives the roll an extra zing of heat.
This time, I decided to purchase seven crispy salmon rolls, four spicy salmon rolls, one nigiri crab piece, and soy sauce to compliment my palate. In total, I ordered 45 pieces of sushi for $12—definitely a steal when one compares prices at other sushi restaurants around the area.

Overall, the sushi tasted delectable as always, which one might not expect since I experienced so many pieces. The eel sauce on top of the sushi complemented the fried salmon in the crispy salmon roll, and the spiciness in the spicy salmon roll perfectly reflected the best Thai Basil has to offer. I recommend all sushi aficionados to come visit Thai Basil and Sushi Zen to see the hype of their $1 sushi deal.

The Chant’s Grade: A