2019: The year for Netflix originals

2019: The year for Netflix originals

This year marks a revolution of Netflix Originals. With shows all about Ted Bundy and his life as a serial killer to superheros being adopted to save the world after their father’s death. Excited to watch more shows Netflix fan and sophomore Daniella King watched Conversations with a Killer; the Ted Bundy Tapes and loved it immediately. “I could not stop watching it as soon as I started it, it was so good and I would for sure watch it again” King said. Fans prepare with all the originals coming out and could not be more excited for the upcoming shows.

compiled by Dehlin Lee

compiled by Dehlin Lee

compiled by Dehlin Lee

Dehlin Lee, Reporter, Photographer

Known for their original productions, Netflix continues promoting their new 2019 original shows and movies. With new thrillers, action movies, and comedies, Netflix plans to make 2019 the best with their originals this upcoming year. Spending a whopping twelve billion dollars on originals in 2018, Netflix plans to stay on track to spend a total of 17.8 billion dollars in 2020. Netflix set a 15.9 billion dollar budget and hopes to please the fans with the countless number of originals releasing in 2019.

Netflix decided to kick off the 2019 year with a serial killer documentary, Conversations with a Killer: The Ted Bundy Tapes that dropped on January 21. The series features insider information of never before heard interviews with the 1970s  serial killer, Ted Bundy.

The four-part series will bring Ted Bundy’s twisted mind to the public eye and how his good looks helped him hide in plain sight.

A fan favorite, Netflix continues to film the exciting thriller series Stranger Things. Releasing July 4, Stranger Things 3 returns to now infamous Hawkins, Indiana. With plans to give Will a break after putting the character through a traumatic two seasons, the road seems brighter for the character in the upcoming season.

Dropping on February 15, 2019, the new comic series, The Umbrella Academy, sounds like the newest binge-worthy show for Netflix fans. Taking place in 1989, the mysterious show finds a way to keep viewers on their toes. Adopting six children with gifted abilities to form the Umbrella Academy, billionaire Sir Reginald Hargreeves sets these children out on an adventure to save the world from evil after their father’s death.

Coming a long way from their first original series House of Cards in 2013, Netflix plans to release more than 75 new originals throughout 2019. Setting record number streams in 2018, Netflix raises the bar to entertain fans.

Dehlin Lee, Reporter, Photographer

Dehlin Lee, a sophmore, begins her journey on The Chant to expose her to a whole new world of photography and writing. Lee aspires to be a Pediatric Orthodontist...