The new hotspot: hot yoga

Be Yoga makes its mark, attracting a number of ranging audiences to share the love of relaxation and release of tension. Julie Eubanks, founder of Be Yoga, establishes accessible yoga for participants to let free and unwind with the process of mental meditation, physical exercises and strengthening of muscles. “Yoga is a physical practice that has a profound effect on every aspect of your life. While many people begin the physical, Asana, practice of yoga to gain flexibility and strength, most people find themselves coming back for the multitude of mental benefits they gain from the practice,” Eubanks said.

courtesy of Google image search

Julyana Ayache, staff

An inviting yoga studio, located in the heart of Marietta, Be Yoga, founded by Julie Eubanks, establishes a growing center on the basis of self-love and care. For the past nine years, her prosperous studio sweeps the community, sprouting from a one-storefront space with limited class offerings to three-storefronts with over 50 classes offered a week. 

“Be Yoga’s goal is to have a vibrant yoga community that supports everyone. So, we do not believe that there is just one type of yoga that will appeal to everyone. Rather, our

instructors come from diverse backgrounds with many different schools of yoga represented. We believe this diversity in our teachers helps everyone in the community find an instructor and style of yoga that meets their needs,” Eubanks said.

The fitness trend of Yoga trends through social media, spreading the benefits that yoga can contribute to mental and physical health. Yoga’s physical practice strengthens muscles, helps with balance and body awareness and improves flexibility. Mentally, yoga helps reduce anxiety and stress and teaches individuals to act mindful and less reactive. 

“I hope my students leave class feeling lifted emotionally, relaxed yet strong physically and a little blissful. Yoga is not about standing on your head, doing splits or contortions. It’s about movement, breath and the creation of balance within the body and mind,” instructor Kaitlin Gatti said.

Be Yoga simply provides a yoga home for people of all ages and demographics. Students head to the studio as a chance to relax, recharge and relieve their daily stress. It plays a safe space for growth and personal development through the practice of yoga.

“Ever since I started going to Be Yoga, I’ve felt a relief of stress and ease. It’s become one of my favorite activities to do with friends where I can let go, and it’s just such a positive community. I love it,” NC junior Molly Geraci said.  

To fit a variety of demographics, they offer classes such as “Be Pregnant,” “Be Community,” “Be Silly,” etc. “Be Pregnant” classes offer classes and teaching directed towards pregnant women, providing an outlet to let loose, and build stamina towards labor and birth. To appeal to. all ages, they offer “Be Silly” classes for kids four to eight years old. These classes aim to help build self-esteem, improve self-esteem, and teach social skills. Or the general “Be Community” classes that target all demographics access to a yoga environment. 

“I begin each class the same way: a moment to yourself with your eyes closed, breathing deeply in and out through the nose. I invite students to let go of anything that happened before class, as well as anything happening after class. I remind everyone that the yoga class is specifically for them and no one else. I remind them to close their eyes and take breaks as much as they need. I encourage intuitive movement, nothing forced if it

doesn’t feel right. I am only a guide, the student is the real teacher,” Gatti said. 

Additionally, Be Yoga includes an expanded retail space with clothing and accessories from Lululemon, Spiritual Gangster, Satya Jewelry, Manduka and others. To accompany fitness and retail opportunities, the studio shares space with Updog Smoothies, a popular juice, smoothie and acai bowl restaurant.

“Everyone comes to yoga with a different goal, and invariably that goal changes as their practice grows and changes. We hope that everyone, at a minimum, feels that they were able to practice yoga in a safe, supportive environment and that they had fun!” Eubanks said.