Celsius makes vast splash amongst student body

Peyton Stack

Celsius drinks appeared all over NC’s campus, including athletic areas like Emory Sewell Stadium. When students need an extra kick for their weight training class or simply desire energy for their fourth-period history class, Celsius will supply these exact demands. The interesting topic lies in the future longevity of these beverages, as fads typically come and go with high school students. “CELSIUS fitness enthusiasts are fearless, and each one is dedicated to living an active lifestyle that pushes the limits of their individual capability. They always work hard and strive for more,” Celsius said.

Peyton Stack, Co-Copy Editor

As students return for the spring semester, yawns and tired faces fill the halls with hopes of finishing the school day as quickly as possible. In order to get through the seven-hour school day, a noticeable percentage of the student body turned to a  liquid pick me up that boasts several health benefits compared to competing energy drinks. Celsius Live Fit, a pre-workout energy and supplement drink that contains healthy ingredients, continues to pop up more and more in classrooms throughout NC. 

“I mainly drink Celsius as a pre-workout before any type of workout, including games or practices. I would say my favorite flavor of Celsius would probably be Peach Vibe, with Tropical Vibe close behind. I drink maybe 3-4 a week, but only on days that I’m super tired or I have a game,” Magnet senior and varsity basketball player Alex Acosta said. 

Celsius drinks frequently appear in gas stations, like QuickTrip, as well as grocery stores surrounding the Kennesaw area. These beverages use green tea, which contains EGCG, Ginger, Calcium, Chromium, B Vitamins and Vitamin C. Shoppers can purchase these supplement drinks in carbonated and non-carbonated forms, which come in all sorts of flavors. These flavors include Watermelon, Grape Rush, Cola, Raspberry Acai, Peach Mango, Mango Passionfruit, Tropical Vibe, Strawberry Guava, Peach Vibe, Fuji Apple Pear, Orange, Kiwi Guava, and Wild Berry. Consuming one of these flavors results in the elevation of one’s metabolism, which causes calories to burn along with a rise in energy levels. 

Though students do use Celsius to take on slow-moving school days, the creators intended and marketed it towards fitness and gym enthusiasts. Celsius not only gives energy for strength training, but helps burn more calories than usual. This liquid enhancer should typically face consumption 15-20 minutes before the start of a workout. Celsius also boasts zero sugar, which typically attracts extreme fitness and body gurus. The brand, founded in 2017, also sells BCAA Celsius drinks which extremely appeal to bodybuilders and strength trainers in specific. 

“I feel like celsius gets me ready for the gym. It wakes me up and prepares me for whatever workout I have looming ahead. A major difference is how much energy I get before the workout, whereas without it, I feel kinda lazy and drowsy. My favorite flavor is watermelon, especially before a chest workout,” Magnet senior Bentley Huff said. 

The recent surge of Celsius drinkers drastically increased during the 2021-2022 school year. Outside visitors that walk around the halls of NC, especially early in the morning or late afternoon, will see these metal cans on desks and in hands. With such beneficial vitamins and little sugar, Celsius drinks seem much more nutritious than common energy drinks and pre-workouts that endanger the health of young teens.  

“We aim to inspire those who want to live fit by giving them a sustained energy source that’s specially formulated to work with your body to help you reach your goals. We support those who work overtime at everything they do and never take shortcuts. We power through the extra set, we push through the last sprint, and we hustle through the workday,” Celsius’ official website said