Elusive Collection: the best bracelets to buy

Melissa Akakpo
Senior Melissa Akakpo started her business, Elusive Collection, to create versatile bracelets, making any outfit pop. With the support of her loyal friends and family, she produces bracelets that capture the trends of social media sites such as TikTok. “My business has changed my life in a way that makes me want to keep going. Other than cheer, it’s the first time I have found something that I’m passionate about,” Akakpo said.

Archaeologists can date the earliest bracelets back to 7,500 BC found in the Turkish region. Egyptians living in 5,000 BC created their bracelets from materials such as stones, wood and bones, which served religious and spiritual interests. Today, people wear bracelets to spruce up their outfits and show self-expression. NC senior Melissa Akakpo takes bracelet trends by storm, selling her beautiful and trendy creations to her supportive customers. Her company, Elusive Collection, remains a top-tier place to buy bracelets that add an attractive combination of vitality and glamor to any outfit.

Akapo began selling bracelets to her friends in the summer of 2022. She took their requests and constructed bracelets from the variety of unique beads in her collection. She quickly gained several customers through her friends showing off their remarkable bracelets, and after months of working on an official website, she began Elusive Collection February 16.

“I support Melissa’s bracelet business not only because we’re good friends but because she’s dedicated to what she does. I’ve gotten numerous custom bracelets from her before and they always look nice. I am going to continue to support her for as long as I can so she can feel more inspired to pursue business in the future,” senior Nailah Goldsby said. 

Akapo created Elusive Collection with the desire to make versatile accessories that come in different colors and sizes, making outfits pop. Her unique designs fascinate her loyal customers as she always leaves them waiting for appealing releases. Her love for bracelet-making shines through in the stunning bracelets she designs. 

“I chose the name Elusive Collection because I wanted something different than just my name to catch people’s attention. Elusive means something that’s difficult to find which is where my tagline ‘Rare to find’ comes from.  My bracelets all come from my head after I mess around with color combinations, charms, beads, etc.,” Akakpo said.

A typical day of creating bracelets consists of Akakpo sitting at her desk and finding a show to watch on a streaming service. She works on her products diligently to ensure the finest quality bracelets for her customers. She thinks of popular trends to base her bracelets on since the majority of her followers come from TikTok, and then she creates. 

“My friends and family are extremely supportive, especially those at school. They repost anything I post, purchase from me, give advice, give me suggestions on what to make next, etc. It means a lot to have their support as it pushes me further. My favorite bracelets are ‘Circle of Life’ because I love green, gold, and elephants together; and my other recent favorite is my ‘Chrome Cross’ bracelets because the charms are beautiful,” Akakpo said.

Akakpo plans to continue her business post-high school and possibly wants to add necklaces and rings to future releases. She aspires to run her own business and believes Elusive Collection truly changed her life and allowed her to find a passion. To stay up to date on the current trends and fashionable bracelets, shop Elusive Collection.