Look great, feel great

Callie Kinsinger
After dressing up for an event, or even just the day, people tend to feel confident and as a result, experience a better day. Dressing in an outfit that makes people feel comfortable and confident allows them to encounter joy in their day. Whether dressing for school or work, wearing an outfit that brings self-assurance produces a better day.

Dressing up frequently can control the emotions and performance of one’s day. Wearing flattering clothes and expressing a unique style, brings confidence that helps push through a hard day. Happiness can stem from simply feeling beautiful; this becomes seemingly worthy compared to a compliment from someone else. To enjoy the day, the step of attire and feeling put-together must come first.

Correctly preparing for each day proves itself as an essential step for a successful day. When people feel they did not accomplish their desired look, it sets the course for limited productiveness. Consistent morning routines begin a positive thought process and limit stress each morning, allowing for a better day. With exhaustion each morning after waking up, taking the first step of putting on complimentary clothes or simple makeup can spring motivation into the next parts of the day.

“I normally feel obligated to wake up earlier or spend most of my morning getting ready for school, and I just don’t feel like myself without getting ready. Normally, doing my makeup, doing my hair and picking out an outfit makes me feel good about myself,” magnet junior Antonia Guerrero said.

Hygiene can replace dressing up fancy or putting on makeup for a plethora of people. Finding a perfume or cologne scent that buyers feel fits them—or even a certain hair color— can make one feel confident or approachable in social settings. Each aspect puts together the manner of a person and can lead them to success. Items that may seem insignificant at first glance can make all the difference if one feels comfortable or even beautiful in one’s own skin.

Putting on an outfit that makes one feel pleasant brings a rush of satisfactory endorphins. These endorphins translate to mood throughout the day, all from a simple outfit. As people find their niches in makeup or fashion, they feel it becomes a part of them. These hobbies can even escalate to jobs and contribute to expressing oneself. When someone perfects and knows what they look and feel best in, the process of dressing up in the morning ultimately becomes easier.

Style, an important way to express inner self, feels different to everyone. Therefore, confidence in one person may feel off compared to confidence in another. Regardless of what one feels confident in, the thoughts of looking one’s best stay put. Finding what fits certain body types or what color fits skin tones can make all the difference. Accessorizing in specific ways can add an extra touch of elegance that certain people associate with feeling put together. A recent trend on TikTok shows the differences between gold and silver jewelry on certain skin tones, helping viewers choose what fits them best for future reference.

Even people simply wearing their favorite color can make them feel satisfied throughout the day. Touches that may seem insignificant such as a pair of earrings can make all the difference if one holds a positive attitude about his/her appearance. Although beauty comes from the inside, taking pride in beauty on the outside determines the result of moods each day.

“When I feel like my outfit is really nice or I’m wearing nice makeup, I feel like people respect me more in general, so when people respect me more, I’ll be more confident. I can never leave the house with perfume because I refuse to smell bad,” junior Laila Sain said.