Candyman, Candyman, delights Kennesaw area

Nadia Butt

The assortment of cookies are wrapped decoratively for the purpose of being sold as gifts for family and friends.

Candyman, a small candy store, lies on Jiles Road in a small shopping district between Publix and the Brookdale Kennesaw Living Facility. The store sells many different types of delicious chocolates as well as decorative glass.

After opening the door, the smell of chocolate and mint wafts to the nose. A bell chimes, signaling the arrival of a customer and a smiling employee comes out to greet the patron, offering a sample of different and delicious chocolatey yummy-ness. During my visit, I tasted four different types of cookies: hint of mint, chocolate dipped marshmallows, chocolate dipped golden crunch, and million dollar fudge.

The hint of mint cookies, the source of the heavenly scent of the store, comprise of a delicious mix of chocolate and mint. The cookie tasted crisp, with a smooth and crunchy texture. The hint of mint cookie quickly became a particular favorite of mine and prompted me to purchase a whole pack. The chocolate dipped marshmallows also live up to expectations. The chocolate tastes sweet, the marshmallows provide chewiness, and all together, the treat tastes delicious.

The chocolate dipped golden crunch cookies tasted divine and take a close second to the hint of mint cookies. They provided a sweet, rich, and crunchy mix. On the other hand, the million dollar fudge failed to live up to its name. With the title “million dollar fudge,” I assumed I would receive something well

The Chocolate dipped golden crunch tasted of sweet white chocolate and pecans.
Nadia Butt

worth the title, but this product fell short of my expectations. It did not taste bad, just mediocre.

While the chocolates thrilled me, the prices need adjusting. The cost seems pretty high, considering that not all high school students have jobs that provide them with the cash to afford this kind of luxury candy. However, the high prices come from the fact that the store mainly focuses on giving their chocolates out as gifts for Christmas and other special occasions.

The store’s closing time also remains impractical for the average high school student. The store opens at ten A.M and closes at four P.M., staying open only during the week. School does not get out until 3:30, so in order to purchase the chocolates from the store, I rushed there from my house, arriving just before they closed. Despite my late arrival, the store clerks still made their best effort to provide helpful customer service.

Thankfully for the busy adult or student, the store fortunately sells their products online at http://www.candymanchocolate.com.

The Chant’s grade: B-