BREAKING: Waye moves on, Lovett takes his place

Former+NC+quarterback+Dillon+Waye+%28%235%29+winding+up+to+pass+the+ball+during+NC%E2%80%99s+game+against+East+Coweta.+Due+to+conflict+on+the+team%2C+Waye+decided+to+end+his+football+career+halfway+through+the+season.+The+coaches+plan+to+replace+him+with+freshman+quarterback+Trevor+Lovett%2C+who+will+play+his+first+game+tonight+against+the+North+Paulding+Wolfpack.+
Former NC quarterback Dillon Waye (#5) winding up to pass the ball during NC’s game against East Coweta. Due to conflict on the team, Waye decided to end his football career halfway through the season. The coaches plan to replace him with freshman quarterback Trevor Lovett, who will play his first game tonight against the North Paulding Wolfpack.

Nadya Awino

Nadya Awino

Turner Markwalter, Reporter

Senior Dillon Waye, former starting quarterback of the NC Varsity football team, will no longer play for the Warriors this season, as he just quit. Issues of chemistry between him and the other players on the team recently led to his decision to leave the team behind.

“We were all shocked about his decision. It was something about his relationship with other players, but it’s something we have to adapt to and overcome,” sophomore football player Kamau Miller said.

Freshman Trevor Lovett will now take on the role as quarterback for the Warriors and will kickoff his first ever game today, October 13 at North Paulding High School.

“It’s going to be his first ever varsity game against a school who has homecoming, so the crowd will definitely be against him,” Miller said.

With the pressures of Lovett’s new role, NC students hope for the best.

“I expect the first half to be time for him to get all the nervous jitters out, so it could go badly there, but he will be able to get over it in the second half,” senior Danyel Cataeu said.

Come see how our Warrior football team does with Lovett— the man now leading the offense today at 7:30 against North Paulding.