CCSD options for the 2021-2022 school year

Courtesy of Cobb County School District

As students and families prepare for next year, CCSD released the announcement that online school will remain an option. Students must make a finalized decision for the entire school year by April second, 11:59 PM. CCSD continues to work hard to meet the needs of every student and family during this time.

Hannah Cuthbertson, Reporter

Recently, the Cobb County School District (CCSD) announced that the option to attend school online will remain for the 2021-2022 school year. Students must communicate with their parents to decide what will best fulfill their learning needs, as options will become finalized for the entire school year. Students can already register for the new Cobb Online Learning Academy, and registration will close April 2nd. In order to register, parents must log into their ParentVue account and click the “Online Learning Opt-In” button, which they can find in the left column.

The Online Learning Academy stands completely separate from NC, and students who choose the online option will not remain NC students. Online teachers will not reside in the same building as the face to face teachers either, but instead will teach remotely from the Cobb Horizon Campus. The campus will serve as an alternative school for the online learners, and the Cobb Virtual Academy will remain a part-time option. Since balancing both the online and face-to-face students will no longer occur, teachers may now place their full attention on designing lesson plans for their specific group of students. 

“Next school year, each virtual class will have a dedicated online instructor. Unlike the 2020-21 school year, online teachers will not be teaching face-to-face and virtual students simultaneously. The dedicated online Cobb educators will focus solely on the needs of their online students,” CCSD said

Online students will possess limited elective choices, however, all core classes remain available. Parents may browse these classes with their students in the course catalogue, along with an online learning sample schedule. Students should note that the available elective classes do not include band or chorus.

If parents or students need answers to any additional questions, they should visit the CCSD online learning FAQ. Students and families should also remember once again that registration for full online learning will close April 2nd at 11:59 PM. 

Cobb County will continue to work hard to provide students with the tools they need for academic success and emotional well-being, as well as providing families with as many answers and as much comfort as they need. 

“Cobb’s team of educators has been working tirelessly to provide [these] answers. The new learning choices are not only designed to ensure students are learning everywhere, but they also provide families with even more flexibility and options,” CCSD said.