The benefits of Spiritualism 

Jasmyn Mitchell
Spiritualism has evolved since the mid-1800s and continues to help those involved in the practice. By centering the body and easing the mind, spiritualism benefits those involved across the world. These sacred practices carry several meanings and will continue to serve as safe havens for those in need; spiritualism continues to bring impressive benefits and will continue to occupy the lives of those involved.

In the fast-paced and chaotic world of today, several individuals seek peace and reassurance that everything will turn out fine. Frequently, audiences turn to religion for this feeling; meanwhile, a handful of people turn to spirituality. Spirituality— a deeply personal and healing journey— offers a range of benefits that essentially enhances one’s well-being. While spirituality contains numerous beliefs and involves various practices, its common appeal lies within the exploration of connecting to factors outside of oneself. 

The cultivation of inner peace attracts audiences to spirituality and benefits those willing to participate. The practice of connecting with a universal energy provides a sense of safety while the chaos of everyday life continues to grow. Whether audiences meditate or perform sacred rituals, spirituality offers a get-away where individuals can find a safe space and a renewed sense of purpose. This inner peace serves as one of the main factors contributing to improved emotional well-being.

While connecting with one’s inner-self, spirituality also fosters a sense of ever-growing compassion. Through the belief in a higher purpose, individuals develop empathy and a desire to contribute positively to the world which furthers spirituality’s impacts on mindset and behavior. By embracing spirituality, individuals can cultivate a needed sense of purpose and a commitment to making a positive impact on the lives of themselves and those around them. 

“If you have a spiritual wisdom tradition that has been a positive influence, we can recommend that you examine and discern how this may serve as a source of meaning, wellness, and emotional support. This — like any exercise — is worthy of time set aside consistently. For some people, this discernment may lead to strengthening current practices; for others, it may be a reclamation of a previous path, and for others, it could be a journey on a new path,” psychology professor at The City College of New York Glen Milstein said.

Another benefit of spirituality lies in its potential to provide a foundation for personal growth and self-discovery. Engaging in spiritual practices encourages self-reflection, allowing individuals to gain a deeper understanding of themselves and the world around them. This life-changing exploration opens the door to personal transformation, healing and the development of a strong sense of purpose. Feeling needed and full of purpose attracts audiences to spirituality and all its glory. Spirituality provides gentle wisdom that helps individuals navigate life’s challenges and make beneficial decisions.

Several spiritual practices incorporate physical activities such as yoga, meditation or other mindful movement practices. These practices not only enhance physical health but also provide mental stability, emotional balance and overall wellness. By interlocking the physical, mental and spiritual aspects of our being, spirituality provides a fulfilling life for those involved. By embracing spirituality, individuals can tap into a deeper sense of purpose, resilience and well-being. The journey towards spirituality can enrich the lives of others and contribute to a harmonious world with fulfilling intrapersonal relationships. 

“I’m not incredibly spiritual, but I’ve seen how it helps others. These practices empower people, and it’s admirable to see. Similar to religion, everyone seems so passionate, and I can only hope it continues,” senior A’myra Mitchell said.