Usher’s in Snell out: new addition to the NC staff

Rosalyn Schwanke, courtesy of Miller Mobley and Croft & Associates
    After the beloved NC chorus teacher Charley Snell turned in his two weeks, principal Matthew Moody began looking for his replacement. Moody could not find anyone who stood out to him until Usher’s application appeared on his desk. Usher received the new position of chorus teacher, students started off skeptical until his changes began. Everyone at NC loves the newest staff addition

The NC chorus harmonizes outstanding rhythms with their formatted voices, Former chorus teacher Charley Snell recently finished his last two weeks coaching the young voices of the chorus due to a conflict between his students and his thoughts on the extraordinary Beyoncé. As NC started the job search for a new chorus teacher, thousands of applications rolled into the offices and the struggle to find the perfect match began. 

After weeks of searching, the application of the well-known R&B artist- Usher found itself on the desk of Matthew Moody. After thousands of applications, Moody decided to give Usher an interview for the position of the new chorus teacher, with high expectations set Moody began the interview harshly. 

“When I heard about Snells leaving NC, I knew it would be hard to replace him. The number of people who wanted his job was outstanding, and although I looked through every single one no one really stood out to me. When I saw Usher’s name I knew I had to give him a chance but I gave him a stern interview, I wasn’t so sure he was qualified,” Moody said 

After finally admitting Usher deserved the job and obtaining all the qualifications plus a massive platform, Moody chose to allow Usher to begin his chorus-teaching career. Students across the school began to pass by the classroom anytime they could to sneak looks at the unreal site of Usher teaching a class at NC. Usher’s dismissal assignment of watching children step onto their bus started to become students asking for music advice and pictures. 

“I applied for the NC chorus teacher for a new outlook on life and I enjoy the chorus students, their voices and their amazing tap dancing skills. The other students around the school seemed unfamiliar with a celebrity being in their presence but they chilled out and it’s always really enjoyable to be around them. Anyway i love NC and i’m glad i got the job, Moody really made me shake in my boots during that interview,” NC chorus teacher Usher said 

Usher stayed strong through the autographs and pictures by making major changes to the chorus curriculum, he worked to make students tap dance while warming their vocal cords, and he also started a rule where students must sing country music while warming up. Usher arrived at school shoeless and wore a red button-down with khaki pants to stay professional but still represent his hero, Jake from State Farm

All the chorus students thought Usher improved their skills like never before, and the rest of NC enjoyed his lovely presence throughout the school. Usher lit up hallways and cracked jokes, keeping the NC atmosphere upbeat all week. 

April Fools, you fool!

XOXO,