Annual art show features best creative minds

Melissa Sagaseta

The art show, hosted on Monday, invited the NC community to view their peer’s artwork and celebrate the young artists’ achievements.

Melissa Sagaseta, Reporter, Photographer

NC celebrated the success of fellow student artists at the annual Art Show hosted in the Deal building on Monday, April 25.  

AP art students showcased prime paintings and sculptures throughout the Fine Arts hall for classmates and parents to view.

“We have some very talented artists,” senior Christopher Trotter said. Trotter attended the Art Show and reflected upon his experiences. “I think these shows are beneficial to students who plan to go to college. Those colleges may be able to see what kind of art they’ve done.”

Student artists used their creativity to create masterpieces and provoke emotions from the viewer. The artwork can still be seen down the Fine Arts hall.
Melissa Sagaseta

The time and effort the students put into their work showed on Monday night. From elaborate sculptures to paintings of surrealism, the artists conveyed their thoughts and emotions into every line drawn.

Junior and AP art student Brandon Isnetto reflected on seeing his art featured in the show: “I am absolutely proud of the artwork I put up.”

Opening the show at 6 PM, parents and students strolled the halls to admire the pieces. Creative themes filled the walls, including Star Wars, celebrities, and recent global events.

Photography played an important role in the show as well. The photographers took problems and situation they felt strongly about and turned them into awe-inspiring images.

Students who plan on attending art institutes feel that art shows portray their creative minds. Promoting their artwork develops confidence and individuality, demonstrating artistic ability to colleges.