NC’s new lunch menu

ChooseMyPlate.gov
    After a recent increase in childhood obesity, former first lady Michelle Obama has implemented a new lunch menu for public schools across the nation. In this new menu, students should expect to see items such as veggie burgers and cauliflower nuggets. The new lunch menu will go into effect by August 1.

After former President Barack Obama signed the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010 December 13, 2010, students nationwide received increasingly nutritional meals and former First Lady Michelle Obama obtained her goal of helping to solve childhood obesity. Celebrity chefs such as Jamie Oliver even become involved in campaigning for better school lunches both in the U.S. and the U.K. Recently, however, Michelle believed that as the years pass by, the meals that children consume become less nutritious and more fattening. To combat this issue, Michelle has pushed for all public schools in the nation to only serve vegan or plant-based meals.

President Joe Biden has agreed to sign this bill July 31 so that schools can implement this menu as soon as children come back to school. Food items that Michelle hopes to see on school plates include veggie wraps, lentil chili, cauliflower pasta and tofu nuggets. Michelle and Biden believe this new lunch menu will lower cholesterol, improve heart health, and lead students to maintain a healthy weight. American rapper and singer Lizzo also advocated for this new lunch menu as she admires the push for plant-based dieting. The artist loves veggie burgers and green smoothies with Kale.

“I think this is a great idea. I never really deal with cooking vegan food, so while it’s something new that I’ll have to get used to, I know the students will greatly appreciate this in the long run. I wish this was in effect when I was in school,” NC cafe lady Martha Cothran said.

After a meeting amongst the food services staff, Asif Edrish, the Food Services Manager of NC, has decided to also remove the seasoning cart in the cafe to meet the new school cafeteria expectations. The next step to improve children’s nutrition involves updating the vending machines with snacks such as Lenny & Larry’s The Complete Cookie, Hippeas Chickpea Puffs, the Hershey Company’s Skinny Pop, and Vegan Rob’s Probiotic Cauliflower Puffs.

“I really like the fact that our school cares about our health. I’m vegan myself, so I eat like this on a regular basis. I think everyone will enjoy vegan food because there’s a worthy outcome from eating healthy. I am most excited for the veggie burgers,” senior Grayson Hodges said.

April Fools, you fool!

XOXO,